Confrontations

Yu Yan's POV

"Happy birthday, honey." Mom said as she hugged me.

"Thank you Mom. I love you." I said.

Dad coughed, "Am I missing something?"

"Come here Dad!" He pulled us into a huge and tight hug.

I'm embracing my life as a twenty years old woman now. I know to myself that everything will change—

"Excuse me to interrupt but the party will start." The organizer paused then stared at his watch, "Now."

"Okay honey. Happy birthday once again."

I let out a weak smile.

To be honest, I'm not really confident enough to face loads of people and I never given a thought of myself celebrating my birthday like this.

"Please welcome, the celebrant. Xi Yu Yan!"

Everyone clapped, I'm already overwhelmed by the way they welcomed me.

The emcee gave me the microphone, my hands were completely unstable. I'm never used to this situation.

But this just happen once, 'I have to make the best out of it' I thought to myself.

I let out a huge smile and started talking.

"Soo uh....Hello everyone, I would like to thank you for coming and being able to celebrate my birthday with me."

Everyone clapped, they all seemed happy. That's not gonna be a problem.

"Anyways, I'm not gonna make this speech long. I just want to say that I hope you will enjoy tonight. To my supportive parents, I love you very much and to my best friend, Ruo! Thank you for being here with me. I love you." I waved to Ruo.

"That would be all. Thank you once again."

After blowing the candles and greeting a lot of people. I head directly to the changing room to pick a comfortable outfit.

Whilst on my changing, my mom came in.

"Hey mom." I smiled while looking at her through the mirror's reflection.

She smiled, "Are you happy, honey?"

"Of course I am. I love everything you did for me."

"We're glad that you love it. Anyways, honey I think this is the right time to tell your best friend about the stuffs we've talked about." Mom retorts as she helped me clips my clothes.

I suddenly feel sad, I don't know but I become more and more.

I nodded my head. "I will, later. Please wait."

"Alright. I'll get going now. Enjoy yourself." Mom left.

I just sighed. 'I know this time tonight, Ruo will hate me.'

_______

  Zhi Ruo's POV

"Slow down, no one is going to steal that food from you." Dylan reminded me for the nth time.

"I'm fine, stop telling me that." I said as I continue stuffing my mouth with various foods.

"You two bickers a lot." Caesar complained.

"Trust me, they're much louder when we are in class." Yuyan finally showed up.

I dropped my food and quickly went to her. She backed away when she saw my hands full with hot sauce.