Ocho

I hear screaming, guess moms are here... I just tell my two deers in the headlights at the dinning table to get ready and proceed to open the door, which, is just sprung open with a loud bang. Next thing I know, I'm being hoisted up and enveloped in a bone-crushing hug and someone, I'm guessing it's mommy, is screaming rather angrily coming through the door.

"Mommy.... Help.... Can't.... Breathe..."

"Chou Jeongyeon, how dare you just jump out of the car and leave me behind?!"

"How could I wait any longer to be with our princess?"

"You let go of her right now. She's starting to look pale."

At that, mom decides to loosen the hug a little bit, but is still holding me. So mommy starts looking a bit angry, and I don't even want to know where mom will end up sleeping tonight.

"Come to mommy, sweetie. Let me hold my little girl."

She pries me from mom's hold and gives me and equally tight hug. I'm just trying to get them to stop babying me, so I can introduce the two who seem to have been brought out of their trance and are, now, similng rather devilishly at the scene in front of them.

"Moms, can I introduce my friends now?"

"Sure honey, let us just..."

Mommy switches a little so they both can squeeze me between them, giving me just enough space to barely gesture, and we position ourselves facing those smiling idiots.

"So, this is Hirai Momo, she works with me, and her girlfriend, Myoui Mina. Momo is the one that helped when I had my incident."

"Oh, we remember her. She took most of the fire. Are you alright, now?" Mom asks. They might be goofy parents, but they do care a lot.

"I'm fit as a fiddle, ma'am. It wasn't that bad. And it got Jihyo to finally start being friendly with me. She was too professional before that."

They all chuckle, but I remain silent from the, still lingering, guilt for having hurt her.

"No need to be so formal, you can call us aunties." Mommy beams.

"I couldn't..."

"You are a friend of our daughter, don't be so impersonal, now." Mom cuts her before she could refuse.

"Soooo... Mina, Momo, these are my parents. Chou Tzuyu, and, I think you already know her, Chou Jeongyeon, your president."

They shake hands, and I ask if we can sit down, as I know I won't be released anytime soon. So the three of us sit on the couch, while Mina sits on the single chair with Momo on her lap.

"So, peanut, are you going to tell mommy how you got new friends so fast?"

"It's now really that fast, but Momo has been a sweetheart since ever. She was the student who will always talk to me, and be friendly, asking me out for lunch, sometimes, dinner, or to hang out with her and her friends."

"And you didn't tell us? Are you hiding things from your mothers? Did we go wrong raising you?"

"Mom, don't be mad. I just didn't want to jump to conclusions again. But Momo has been nothing short of a great friend. And I decided to give her back everything she's always doing for me."

"Oh, honey, you know we worry about you."

"I know mommy, but these two have their hearts on the right place."

"Oh, don't worry. I'll take care of my princess, always. They sure won't forget that."

"Mom, can you, please, not threaten the friends I, kind of, just made?"

"Just for you, sweetie. Now, tell us about yourselves. What are two japanese beauties such as you doing in Korea? Tell us everything." Mommy says, and we end up talking way too long, my parents getting to know my friends, and the latter seeming to understand my moms are just like any other parents.

By the time the tension of meeting madam president has vanished, I take notice it's already two in the afternoon. No wonder my head is feeling heavy, I'm hungry, we all must be, so I just take it upon myself to try and not trigger mommy on going into a cooking spree.

"So, should we go out and have something to eat? It's already late, you know?!" I say, hoping it sticks.

"Chou Jihyo, what kind of mother do you take me for? As if I'm the type of woman to let my daughter eat out while I just sit watch."

"Mommy, I just don't want you to be tired. And I don't want to impose on you to feed the three of us."

"Nonsense! I'm cooking for all of us and you are coming with me. Jeongyeon, go prepare the drinks and seat the girls on the kitchen bar."

"Right away, love."

I knew she was going to be mad, but worth the shot, I guess. So I just sigh, letting myself be dragged to the kitchen. I can see mom chuckling and saying something to the girls just before I'm dragged out of sight.

We start cooking, and it's really fun, mom keeps throwing her jokes, Mina seems to find them hilarious, Momo has joined the 'Really?!' team and decided to just eat the appetisers and talk to us while we cook.

The rest of the day goes by in a flash, and I really couldn't be more relieved when mommy decides to go home, leaving me and the couple to talk a little before they leave themselves.

"So, your parents are... Interesting." Momo starts, trying hard to hold her laughter.

"You can just say embarrassing." I huff a little.

"Not at all. It's fun to see how madam president and THE chef Chou act around their child." Mina laughs.

"You two don't have a house to go back to?"

"Calm down, we are going. See you tomorrow."

"See you soon, Jihyo."

They hug me and leave. I can't help the smile creeping up on me. This has been a hectic weekend, but I must confess, it was a great weekend. I am very much curious about what Momo has been telling people about me, but they all seemed to have known about me, at least a little.

Not complaining, just curious, really. Well, let me just get everything ready for tomorrow, this is ought to be a short, yet crazy week for me. And I want to clean the house, so guess I should just get started.