38

Like I said, that too passed. Mommy and I may or may not have taught the woman some manners, but I'm not saying anything. Nayeon was asked if she wanted to meet the woman, but she denied and asked to not be bothered about this again. All anyone needs to know is that the case was easily dismissed when mr Bae (my personal lawyer) presented the compiled file with too many reasons to never let that crook anywhere near my family again.

I did arrange for us all to go to Jeju for a three-day weekend, to let off the steam and all. Momo and Mina were sternly warned that, if they broke their bed again, they would lose their right to one. That meaning, they broke twelve in the last five years, I didn't ask, and I think none of us really wants to know.

Nayeon was very enthusiastic, and I enjoyed seeing her gymnastics on convincing her mother to let her bring Joy along without spilling the beans. They have been dating, I'm guessing, for about a year now, and Yeonnie has been having more and more difficulty on hiding it. Not that we all don't already know, but it's fun to see her try and be subtle about it, Wendy and Yeri had told us that Joy is just about the same, and said they are just casual, not dating at all.

Is that how kids today date? They say they are casual, despite face-timing until the wee hours of the night, rushing her thesis just to take the other on a date (which they swear it's not a date), try to hold hands sneakily and lag behind everyone to, not so, discreetly give each other quick pecks just to blush the rest of the day. It's cute, really, but Sana and I just want Nayeon to admit they are dating so she can have better schedules and actually hold the girl's hand around us, for once. I think I'll talk to her later.

Jeju feels slow, the air is lazy and calms you down. So, obviously, Momo is knocked out as soon as we arrived, moms (my mothers) claimed the tv room for some movie marathon in the air conditioning, mamas Son went to the beach with the boys and Nayeon disappeared into her room with Joy, so, obviously, Sana and I went ahead to have a walk on the beach. Last time we let those two alone with the boys, they were in a sugar rush until three in the morning when they just crashed.... All four of them.

How do mamas Son have the energy to keep up, still? I'm still trying to figure it out, Sana and our kids seemed to have inherited that as well. Some days are tiring, don't judge me. Right now, I can't say I have anything lacking in my life, unless it's myself, but Sana, Mina and Momo would whoop my ass if they knew I even had such thought, moms would give me a lecture and sing the 'Jihyo is the greatest' song (trust me, it's not cute), mamas Son would, probably, snuggle up to me and go down a very questionable rant about how I will not be thinking like that again (I'd rather have the song).

In this chill saturday morning, at the balcony of our house in Jeju, all I can think about is how everyone here has played such a huge part in getting me here, where I am right now. A crash, followed by a shriek tells me Sana is up, the laughter reveals Mina is with her. Momo must still be in bed, that woman sleeps like the dead. I feel two pairs of arms fighting to figure out how they are going to hold me as tight as possible, they seem to have come to an agreement when Sana speaks up.

"You know, it's never very good when you think with that look on your eyes."

"She does have a point." Mina hums to my right.

"I was just reminiscing. Maybe I'm getting old, that's all." I manage to make them chuckle.

"Chou Jihyo, we are the same age, and I'm, definitely, not old at all." Mina tries to sound annoyed. Tries to.

"I know Micchan, It's just- I was thinking how each and every single one of you helped me get here."

"You should give yourself more credit. You took our hands and refused to let go, you dragged us along with you." Sana says and Mina hums in agreement.

"I might have, but I was being pushed forward all along."

Mina detaches herself, takes my right hand, demanding all my attention and I'm more than willing to give it to her. Sana just holds me that much closer, in a silent assurance, when Mina speaks again.

"Jihyo, please keep this in mind, it's very important that you do."

"Okay?" Mina has never had this look before, but it just invites me in, gives me peace of mind.

"Jihyo, you are the one who should be praised, thanked, admired, whatever more you are thinking about us all. You, Ji, you gave us this life, this happiness, you held our heads above water when we were about to drown. You helped, really."