Quinze

Tonight is the launch party for our winter project, moms demanded to come, for some reason, so I had to convince Director Son that hiring mommy's buffet services was the best way to go, even though we would spend more than planned. I can't just have THE Chef Chou and her wife, THE president over to a simple game launch party without some backup plan.

And that's exactly why I had it 'leak' that this party was going to be a big deal with Chef Chou catering it, and being invited as well. I do hope the press is satisfied with that and don't try to intrude in the party itself. I know my parents and they are not going to be stopped once they see me, sometimes I wonder if Mina isn't their real daughter, because they over-dote on me the same.

I must admit that Chorong played a big part on it, convincing the marketing team to make the promotions bigger than life for this game. I'm incredibly satisfied with the result, but one never knows in this market, so I can't say this is going to be a hit, only hope. K-S Arts also bought the idea to go all out with it, and now we have convinced everyone this was a game big enough to have a launch party where the first couple would attend, and nobody would pay any mind.

Should I say something, my parents deciding to attend are making me even more nervous than anything. I go to these parties often, since I can't really avoid them, being the owner and all, but it never gets easy, if anything, it's always more and more difficult, as our games become more popular. Can't really escape now, I'm already in the car with Momo and Mina, they demanded that we went together, camped out at my house all week under the excuse that it would be easier for the driver to pick us all up on the same place.

I believe something is up, but I'm more worried with holding myself together for this 'red carpet' than whatever they have in mind. I mean, why, on earth, would a simple game launch party rave a red carpet to begin with? It's just too much, why can't we just have a press conference and be done with it? According to Chorong and Eunji, it's to thank everyone who worked to create the game, but I can thank them from home, no?

Oh, great, we're here. Okay, Chou Jihyo, you've done this before, not this big of event, but did it anyways. No need to panic, so why are you having difficulty breathing? Just get it together and wave and smile, this will be over before you know it. Cr..Poop, the Sons are here already, I can't not greet them on the carpet now...

"Baby Jiji, calm down. You are going to start sweating at this rate." Mina says, holding my hand softly, but it helps.

"Ji, we've done this before, just come with us and everything will be fine." Momo holds my other hand and knocks on the window so the driver can open the door.

The whole thing passes as a blur to me, I faintly remember posing for some pictures, greeting the Sons, with director Son giving me a over tight hug and introducing me to her wife who gives me a similar hug, and Sana apologising for her parents that, according to her, were too excited with her first project.

Only once we get inside I get back to my senses, only to be swarmed with too many business men and women eager for some handshakes and sliping me their business cards. The whole ordeal takes a while and only halts when my mothers arrive. I mean, it's not everyday one gets to attend a party with the first couple. Moms are far more experient with these things than I am, they just breeze through it in no time and make their way to me.

I must say I'm impressed with them keeping their composure, but they don't seem to have any intentions of letting me too far out of their reach. I'm not complaining, it's just that I'm not used to them being so composed. Within my wondering, Momo and Mina have come, greeted my parents and seem to be having a very heated conversation, I don't pay them much attention for I see the Sons approaching.

That's when I notice director Son's wife is just as adorable as her, she is also tiny (not that I can say much about it myself) but, unlike director Son, who has this mischievous and boyish air to her, she has this peaceful and hyped demeanor (I know it sounds weird), her pale complexion and jet black long hair gives off this older sister feel, but her features show excitement and fun.

"Director Son, what do we owe the honor? And, Ms Son, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, away from the cameras, I mean." I say, as they seem to be a bit hesitant to approach us right now.

"I told you to stop with the 'director Son' talk, it's too formal for me." She muses.

"Major Kim!" Mom almost shouts out of nowhere.

"Secretary Yoo!" Mrs Son says equally excited and hugs mom. Mommy seems to be amused, and director Son confused like the rest of us.

"*ahem* You know each other?" Sana is the first one to break out of trance.

Mom and Mrs Son laugh, while mommy just chuckles and decides to explain.

"The three of us met years ago, Jeongyeon was secretary of state and Dahyun was a Major back then. I was courting Jeongyeon, which made me ally with Dahyunnie to get her. I think you two weren't even dating back then." She finishes as she points to the Son couple.

"Wait, 'secretary Yoo'? Like Jihyo's Yoo?" Sana seemed to have picked up fast.

"Director Son, Sana, let me introduce you to my parents, Chou Tzuyu and Chou Jeongyeon. I think Mrs Son already knows them." I say before mommy has a chance to interfere.

"Wait, what?" They really are mother and daughter, as they managed to have the same reaction at the same time.

We all just laugh and let them be to figure themselves up. Mrs Son, Dahyun, for what I've just learned turns to me with a wide smile on her face.

"So this is the heir to the throne? Are you guys sure we didn't exchange kids at some point?" She jokes, I think it would be plausible, as Sana is too tall for her parents, but, according to what she told me, her parents are the weird ones of their family, as everyone is tall on both sides, except them.

"Oh, but our Jiji is too much like Tzu to not be ours. I can't tell how many times these two have ganged up to mock their president. Can you believe it? Making fun of the president herself?!"

"Oh, come on, Jeong, like she doesn't have your weird sense of humor, and that annoying need to prank people. There is no one else who could have given her that." Mommy counters, and Mrs Son just laughs out loud, earning us some questioning glances, but none would stare at the president for too long.

"I see you two still haven't lost it after all these years. It's great to, finally, meet the one that made these two calm down." She says and shakes my hand.

"And you two seem to be close with the Chous as well?!" She turns to Mina and Momo who are just amusedly watching the whole ordeal.

"Oh, I'm Hirai Momo, this is my girlfriend, Myoui Mina. I work for Jihyo, and you can say we are close friends." Momo says as she introduces them and shake hands with Mrs Son.

"I'm General Son. Son Dahyun, but call me whatever you want. Auntie would be great." She smiles, and it's so warm and welcoming they couldn't deny her.

The rest of the evening goes by much easier, speeches are given, dinner is served and, as always, mommy has pulled it off beautifully. Moms have to go rather early, the president has a curfew and can't really escape it, you know?! The Sons don't stay much longer as well, Mrs Son tells Sana to stay and have fun, but she is worried about Nayeon and is dead set on going home. I must say she is a great mother, and keeps showing the world how much she loves her daughter.

At some point I start to doze off, Mina and Momo had disappeared somewhere and I feel bored, as I've managed to slip away from the people trying to get my business card as they force me theirs. Just before I let sleep embrace me, I hear Mina's soft voice telling me to get up as we are going home.

All I remember is being changed into my pajamas and embraced to sleep by two very comfortable and calming presences. All in all, this was a great end to a good day. I just hope these two won't constrict me in the morning.