Chapter fifteen: I have to distract myself

I HAVE TO DISTRACT MYSELF.

Two week and three days.
That's how long I haven't heard from Nick not that anyone is counting. Who am I kidding I'm counting. I have spoken to his parents and even Lola they said that he was out of town for something urgent. I know that I'm not even supposed to be worried but I can't even help myself it's just killing me so seriously.

I'm just worried but the fact that his parents know where he is that means he is safe. I'm just paranoid because we decided to test something out and the very next day he is disappeared and then we don't see him again.

My phone rings and I check the caller ID to see it's Anika.

"Hello Sis" she Chrips happily.

"Hello to you too" I say taking off my shoes and walking to the couch in my office. "What's popping?" I ask.

"Well what is popping is that we are at the airport and Adams hasn't sent anybody to pick us up yet" she says a little upset.

Tomorrow is thanks giving and mom is making all of us have dinner. The knights and the Forest's are coming. As a whole 'big family' in my mom's words.

"My God, Nika I'm so sorry about that. I will come with the driver to pick you up immediately" I say trying to put on my shoes with one hand but failing desperately.

"Please be fast Nita is cranky" she laughs then whispers "She's on her peroid"

"I heard that" I hear someone shout and that's probably Nita.

"Will be there right away" I say as I hang up. I put on my shoes and head towards Adams office to inform him that I'm going for the day and I have picked the twins. I tell Elena to tell the driver to get the car ready.

"Adams" I say as I enter his office and I see Debby there that is the only logically explanation for him forgetting the twins.

"Hey Sis what's up" he says.

"Hey Debby" I say facing her slightly.

"How are you doing?" Debby asks me. You know for some strange reasons they all think I'm affected by Nick's sudden disappearance.

"I'm fine Debby" I say with a small smile. She doesn't look satisfied but she doesn't push it further.

"I'm heading to the airport Nika called said they arrived and have been waiting for you so just get ready to be roasted" I say with a huge grin because the twins will definitely roast him alive. "And guess what?" I don't wait for him to reply. "Nita is PMSing" I say with a large smile

"I'm in deep shit" he mutters under his breath.

"Yeah you are" I say taking my leave. "See you at home and see you later Debby" I say as I move out.

"You came" Nika said hugging me.

"Of course" I say hugging her back. "Hey kiddo" I say ruffling Nita's hair.

"I'm not in the mood" she said as she slid into the car.

"She has been like that all morning" Nika said with a small laugh before we sat for our joinery home.

"How is Nick?" Nika said looking nonchalantly. Of course she knows that something is going on. I'm the only one that gets to know things last.

I glance at the driver because I'm seated at gunshot. "He's fine I guess" her only response was a gloomy smile which I was happy about I'm in no mood to do any talking.

"When do you guys have to go back to school? " I ask packing my hair.

"In January I think" Nika said. Nita has been quiet during the whole ride.

"My babies" mom said coming towards us as soon as we entered the hall way.

"Mom" Nika shouted hugging her.

"You guys were just at home like two weeks ago" I point.

"I know I don't know why mom and Nika always make it weird. Hey mom" Nita said something for the first time.

"Hey darling" mom said hugging her. "You guys should go settle in I will call you down for dinner" they happily especially Nita went upstairs.

"Hey mom" I say hugging her too.

"Hey darling" she said moving to the kitchen signalling me to follow her. "Have you heard from Nick?" she asked.

Of course that is what this is about. It has to be about Nick.

"No mom he's not picking up neither is he calling back. Lola said he had some urgent things to take care of anyways I'm sure he is fine" I said quickly.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Why do they keep thinking that I'm not okay. I'm obviously fine. "Yes mom, I'm okay very okay" I say with a smile.

"If you say so darling" she says as she turns to start chopping the vegetables.

"Welcome Ms. Ana" Greta's voice brought me back from the trance I never knew I had submerged myself into.

"Hello Greta" I say taking my leave. "I will be downstairs soon mom, I just want to change" I call over my shoulders.

"Okay honey take your time."

"Is dad at home?" I shout so she can hear me because I'm half way to my room.

"Yeah he is in the study" she answered.

I decided to see my dad before I change and go join them.

"Hey dad" I say as I open the door to the study after a light knock.

"Hey, come in" he says standing up from the table to join me on the couch.

"Just came to check in on you" I said with a smile. I have always been daddy's girl because I'm the first girl.

"Your old man is doing just fine" he said with a little laugh. I join him because his laugh is contagious.

"How is Nicholas" dad asks and my eyes widen.

"Come on dad not you too" I whine like a baby.

"Have you heard from him?" he asked.

"No I haven't but I'm sure it's something urgent" I say holding his hands.

"I hope so because how can he disappear after you guys promised to try out your relationship?" dad said obviously discontented.

"I'm sure it's fine" I say leaving his hand. "I have to go help mom" I say standing up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Ana" he called when I was by the door. I turned to face him. "Are you okay and happy?" he asked.

"Sure" I said before leaving for my room.

Updated as promised. I wrote the two chapters and updated back to back. So yay for me. Next update tomorrow. I really can't wait to find out and I have this crazy plot in my head. It's so mad and I can see things getting tough. So Wattpad and swiftpen's love. 😍
Vote
Commen
Share
💞💞💞💞