Chapter thirty one: Secretary

Secretary

"Your secretary?" Nick's voice came out in sort of a whisper.

"Yes" I reply with a dry throat.

"How can this be?" he asked and I frowned facing him completely.

"She has been working with me since I graduated two years ago" I explain and he shakes his head.

"That's not what I mean Ana" he says and I nod in confusion. "I know this is a tricky situation and we have to be in the party inside so why don't we meet over a cup of coffee tomorrow" Nick suggest and I still don't get it.

"That's fine with me" Elena says and I'm more confused.

"If you want me to come--" I say but Nick cut me off.

"You have to be there" he says and I nod just what I have been doing for the time being. "We will head inside now. I will see you tomorrow" he says to Elena and she gives him a weak smile before leaving us.

He said we will talk about it tomorrow but try and be in my place and see if you wouldn't be worried.

Throughout the remaining dinner I try my best to make sure I don't start into space or else everyone will begin to wonder what had gone wrong although I do switch off at times I still manage the situation.

To say I had a good night sleep would have been a serious lie because all I could think about was what we had to talk about the next day.

"Morning everyone" I say in a sleepily tone while entering the dinning area where everyone was already set for work (including the twins.)

"You don't look so well" Adams murmured and everyone turned to me.

"Honey did you get any sleep at all" mom asked me her face turning to a frown.

"Yeah" I sigh and pick an apple from the basket. "I'm just tired from yesterday" I say and they all nod.

"Will you drive yourself because I'm leaving now" Adams ask me and I consider it.

"Of course, I will just have a shower" I say turning on my heels to my room back.

I take the fastest shower ever and do a makeup to make me look more awake than I feel.

The drive to the office was so tough as I had to keep my eyes open.

"Can you park the car and bring the key up" I say giving the key to one of the security men. My brain is so messed up that I can't even seem to remember who I gave.

Zero points for you Ana, he can decide to run away with your car and you can't even track him down. O well I'm just tired and the deed is done.

"Good morning ma'am" Elena's voice greeted me as soon as I got out of the elevator.

I took a good look at her looks like someone else is well rested. I sigh to myself and nod at her. I push the door to my office and enter inside.

"Ma'am, you have a message from Claudia Marshall" she tells me running down through my schedule to give me a run down.

"Send it to my personal phone" I say and she nods.

"You have to go to a meeting with the Gates. Orders from your dad. Anita and---" she was cut off by the ringing of my phone.

I look at it and Nick's name flashes on the screen.

"Good morning Cinderella" he says as soon as I pick up

"Good morning" I croaked out. Good now he thinks something is wrong.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Of course not I say to my self I don't tell him that how can I? "Yeah I'm fine" I say and I can hear his rugged breathes over the phone.

"We have to meet up at a cafe today" he tells me and I nod to myself. Yeah we have to you have a lot of things to explain. My head is a mess.

"Is the cafe around my office good enough?" I ask.

"Sounds good enough to me" he says. "You have to be there with Julia"

"Julia?" I ask confused.

"Yes, your secretary" he tells me.

"Oh, see you at noon then" I suggest.

"Works fine with me" he says and I hang up immediately.

"When is the meting with the Gates?" I ask he when I put down the phone.

"At 2pm" she says and I nod.

"Okay then we leave at noon to see Nick" I say and she nods weakly. Are we into some nodding g game now?

"I will send a message to your meeting at the same time to be cancelled" she said and I dismissed her.

I sit down and I look at my phone. The background was a picture of me Nick and Hayley when we took a vacation. We asked someone to take our picture. Hayley was up in the air between us and I looked at him with so much affection. I was already liking him more than I want to admit to anyone.

I like him.

So what is happening now. I hope we are okay now. I hope nothing goes wrong with us. As much as I want to deny it. I have a really bad feeling about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You made it" Nick said as soon as we spotted him in one of the booths in the cafe.

"Did we keep you waiting" I ask returning his hug. I literally felt the air go sour as Elena turned her head and her body went rigid.

I sat down beside Nick and Elena sat opposite us.

"Can I get your anything" a short petite girl smiled at us.

"Can I just get water" I ask and she nods looking at Nick and Elena.

"I will have water too" Nick says.

"I'm okay" Elena mutters. The girl flashes us a quick smoke before disappearing and reappearing with two glasses of water. "Call me if you need anything" and with that she was gone.

"So?" I draw out in form of a question.

"So?" Nick copied my tone. Elena shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"What are we here to talk about" I ask letting the words flow awkwardly out of my mouth.

"I want you to know Ana that I meant every word I said when I told you that I loved you" Nick said and I felt hungry all of a sudden now.

"I know that Nick but what us all these about?" I question with an afraid expression.

"I'm Hayley's mom"

Hey guys I'm sorry for the late update. I was busy and busy but anyway vote comment and share.
❤❤💞❤❤💞❤❤💞