Chapter Twenty Four: Holiday 1.

Holiday 1

"Morning Mom" I say as soon as I enter the kitchen for breakfast.

"Morning dear" she said biting into her apple. "You came back late yesterday" she said taking a seat on the stool at the island.

"I was at Nick's" I say to her and she smiles widely.

"You guys seem to be getting along well now" she comments and I can't miss her joyous smile.

"I guess you can say that" I said before grabbing an apple too. "Mom, he asked me to go on a vacation with him and Hayley on Monday" I say and her eyes widen at this.

"You can go but will you be back before Christmas?" she asks because she has this week's tradition of gathering all of us even those of us far away and I mean distant cousins and all.

"Yes mom we will be back before the holidays" I say assuring her.

"You definitely can go" she said checking her toast.

"Where is dad and Adams?" I ask her and she shrugged.

"They left quite early seems that something came up at work" she said settling with the toast.

"Umm. Okay" I said standing up to pour myself some coffee from the coffee jug. "I will go see the twins" I say turning to leave the kitchen.

"I will be out with Cynthia" mom said after me.

I stopped in my tracks "Who is that mom?"

"Nick's mom" she Chrips happily like a bird.

"Why are you guys meeting again?" I ask because why all of a sudden they become friends.

"Just to talk and bond. We may become family in the nearest future" mom said in the most obvious tone.

"Come on mom" I groan. "We are just in this relationship because you as our parents planned this" I point out to her.

"Yes and you are already falling in love" she says dreamily.

"Yes mom in your dreams" I say walking out. "Have a nice day at Cynthia's" I say with a eye roll.

"I will dear" she sings happily.

"Hey sleepily head" I say knocking on Nita's door. They've been in bed all through yesterday.

"I'm not sleeping" Nita says defending herself.

"Yeah, you were just subconscious" I say with a sarcastic smile.

"Whatever" she murmurs sloping out of bed.

"Get ready I want to take you girls out for lunch today" I say and she brightens up.

"You are spending time with us" she say happily.

"I always spend time with you guys" I say with an amused smile.

"Yeah but you are dating and saying can be time consuming you know" she says like its the most obvious thing in the world.