Chapter twenty three: May we?

May we?

"Okay so what do you want to have?" I ask Ana leading her inside.

"What is your specialty?" she asks quietly.

I know that she is feeling awkward that we are not really a couple and we kissed but I don't mind at all.

"We had my specialty the other day" I tell her walking to the kitchen with her on my tail.

"What of if we have casserole?" I ask her.

"What type?" I ask taking out a dish to start.

"Lasagna" she said absentmindedly.

"Okay I will get to work then" I said taking out the apron.

"Don't you want me to help you?" she asked taking an apron from the wall.

"Don't worry about that" I said taking the apron away from her and hanging it back on the wall. "Why don't you just watch me flex my cooking skills?" I said pushing her to the chair at the counter.

"Are you sure about that?" she said sitting down. "I mean I can help you" she said.

"It's okay I want you to just sit down there and watch me perform wonders don't look any other place but watch me" I said flicking her fore head.

"Hey that hurts" she said holding unto my fingers.

"I'm sorry" I said and she freed my hands.

"It's okay I will watch you" she said with a tired sigh.

"That's a good girl" I siad and began to cook.

Through out the dinner preparation we had small talks and she answered in monologue words. She's so comfortable.

"Help me set the table" I said motioning to the cupboard where the plates and cutlery are kept.

"Okay" she said standing to set the table as I told her.

Soon we had the table set and sat down to start eating.

"Wait we have to say the grace" I said pulling her hands to hold it.

"I'm pretty sure you don't believe in those things" she said with an eye roll "But anyways, We give thanks for what we have and what we don't have bless our meal Amen" she said and released my hand from the grip.

"Amen" I said filling my plate with some of the casserole.

"This is nice" she mumbles taking some into her mouth.

"Just nice? Not delicious like a seven star hotel meal" I say trying so hard to get a reaction from her.

"So modest" she mumbles again.

"I mean you can't deny the truth when you see it" I tell her.

"The meal tastes like a baby's shit" she said a smirk quirking on her lips.

"Ahh finally" I said touching her hands.

"What do you mean" she said narrowing her eyes.