18

"Please Mr. Jerry? I know two weeks is a long time to be off, but it's just.... please can I just take off." I begged. He just sat at his desk and looked at me through his thick rimmed glasses.

"Ally, I'm not gonna lie, you're my favorite worker, but two weeks is just too long." He asked.

"Fine, how about a week and half? I really just need time off. I feel overworked and mentally drained." I lied, trying to find a better excuse other than I want to go stay with a guy and possibly become his girlfriend.

"Ally, you don't work enough hours to feel that way. Is there something else going on?" He asks.

Mr. Jerry is a really nice guy, and I hate lying to him. He's almost like a father to me, so lying to him just feels horrible.

"No, nothing else is going on. Listen, I know that what I'm asking for is a lot, and that other workers might get pissed off because your picking favorites, but I just really need this break."

He sat at his desk, thinking long and hard about it.

"Why do you want to leave for two weeks exactly? I don't think it's because of you being stressed and overworked."

"My... um... my cousin is hurt. Yeah, she hurt herself helping her.. husband build their new house."

I lied again. I really shouldn't be lying to him, but I know he wouldn't let me get off of work because I want to meet some guy. I could also tell that he knew I wasn't telling the truth by the look he gave me.

"Fine, a week and a half, and that's it! You work Monday through Saturday when you get back." Mr. Jerry says, writing down my new schedule.

"Thank you so much Mr. Jerry. This is why you're such an amazing boss!" I said, almost jumping with joy.

"Okay, Okay. Go ahead and get back to work now. You have a lot of work to do now."

I walk out the office and went to my desk, immediately starting on all of my paper work. I was smiling ear to ear, knowing that I'll be leaving to stay with Luke. I leave this Saturday, which is two days away. I take out my phone and text Luke.

Ally: great news, my boss allowed me to take off work, but it's only for a week and half.

Luke: that's great, I can't wait to see you ;)

Luke responds almost instantly, like he was waiting for me to text.

Ally: I can't either. Well I have to get back to work, I'll talk to you later.

Luke: Alright, have fun at work love

My face turns red when I read his message. I love it when he calls me love, it's so cute.

The last few hours of work were so long and miserable, but it's finally over. I was relieved when I finally made it to my apartment . I threw my purse on my counter, took my shoes off, and turned on the tv. I left it on whatever channel was on, which was the cooking channel.

I get on my phone and go to Instagram. I had a bunch of notifications saying that Luke posted. I go through the couple of pictures that he posted, liking all of them. I read through the thousand of comments left from a bunch of his adoring fans. Some of them were really cute, while others were very out there.

It still surprises me that I'm talking to Luke. A random accountant from New York is talking to a hot Australian musician. It's so weird. He could be dating someone who's famous, like a Victorious Secrets model, an actress, or even another musician. It's so weird how he found an accountant from New York attractive.

My eyes slowly start to close as I sit on the couch. I tried staying up, waiting for Luke to text back, but he didn't. He had a show, and some other work things after that. I didn't really care about him not texting me back since I'm seeing him soon. I finally manage to get myself off the couch and into my room. I was going to take a shower, but I was way too tired. I change my clothes and put on sweatpants and a tank top. I get into my bed and almost fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.