53

Ally's pov

My room was filled with the daily noises of car horns and tires screeching. I sat on the corner of my bed, unable to do anything. I was unable to think, unable to move, unable to speak. I just sat there and read the news headline.

"5 Seconds of Summer lead singer Luke Hemmings admitted into hospital after attempted suicide"

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to believe it, but an aching feeling in my chest tells me that it's true. I sat there for a few more minutes before picking up my phone and calling Luke. I searched for his number, forgetting that I deleted it. I then remembered that I had Ashton's number now. I quickly called Ashton, impatiently waiting for him to answer.

"Hel.. hello?" The voice echoed through the phone.

"Ashton, Hey, this is Ally. Is... is Luke okay?" I stuttered. All I heard from the other side was a deep sigh followed by some whispering.

"If I'm gonna be honest, no, he's not okay." Ashton answered.

I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. There's no way he tried to commit suicide. I know he was in a bad place. I know he was doing drugs and all, but I didn't think it would lead to this. I tried holding in my tears, but they all escaped.

"What happened? Wha... why...." I couldn't form words. Ashton was quiet on the other end.

"Can.. can I speak to him?" I asked.

"Ally, I don't think that would be a good idea." Ashton said, sternly.

"Why? Why can't I speak to him?" I yelled.

"Cause he fucking tried killing himself over you, that's why!" Ashton yelled back.

"Listen, I'm sorry for yelling, but it's true. He tried overdosing on pills cause he would rather die than live a life without you. Talking to him would be the worst thing to do right now. If I was you, I would just leave Luke alone. Stay out of his life. All you've done was hurt him. So do us all a favor and fuck off." Ashton said before hanging up the phone.

I sat there, completely motionless. He tried killing himself over me. He almost took his life because of me. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting him go. I thought I fixed everything, but I've just fucked things up more. All I do is fuck things up. I can never seem to make things right.