42

Ally's pov

I stared at the clock, waiting for it to be 12 so I can go on my lunch break. My co-workers would constantly stare at me and whisper to each other. I overheard one of their conversations in the break room. They were talking about the relationship I had with Luke. They were coming up with different reasons to why Luke and I broke up.

Today has been so slow. Only two people came in to file their taxes in the past three hours. I have one more hour before I can go on my lunch break. I sit at my desk, playing with paperclips and pens to pass the time. I would try to talk to my co-workers, but they all just avoid me.

"Ally, can you come see me in my office?" Jerry comes behind me and asks.

"Oh, sure thing." I said, leaving the paperclips and pens all over my desk.

We walked to his office as people stared us down. Their expressions were different. At first, they looked at me with disgust, but now they look at me with sympathy. We made it into his office, and he closed his door behind him. He took a seat in his chair, and motioned for me to take a seat. We sat in complete silence before Mr. Jerry finally said something.

"I know what happened, and I just wanna say that I'm sorry that you have to go through that. You know that I'm always here for you, you can tell me anything." Mr. Jerry says.

"Wait, what do you mean you know what happened?" I questioned.

Mr. Jerry pulled up something on his computer and showed me. My mouth dropped as I read the article titled, "The Real Reason Behind Luke's and Ally's Breakup".

"Michael did not rape me!" I yelled, tears falling down my face as I finished reading that awful and fake letter.

"Michael didn't fucking rape me. I kissed him first! Who wrote this?" I screamed again.

"Shhh, Ally it's okay. You don't have to hide this anymore, okay. This bastard is going to get what he deserves, which is a long time in jail. He can't just use his status to get his way." Mr. Jerry explains.

"No, no that's not what happened. He didn't do anything." I sobbed.

How could someone write such false accusations against someone? They're ruining Michael's career. Who would do such a thing?

"I'm sorry Mr. Jerry, but I have to go." I said, storming out of the office.

Everyone stared at me as I raced to my desk. I grabbed all my stuff and rushed out to my car. I exited the building and was instantly bombarded with a swarm of flashing lights and screaming.

"Ally, what happened between you and Michael Clifford?"

"Ally, is it true that Michael Clifford forced himself onto you?"

"Was yours and Luke's relationship even real?"

"Is the rape allegations against Michael Clifford true?"

Questions were thrown at me from every direction. I tried pushing my way through the paparazzi, but there was to many of them. I felt a firm hand grip onto my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see Mr. Jerry guiding me to my car.

"Move it people, move! Leave her alone, you're going to trample the poor soul!" He yelled, pushing our way through the crowd.

We finally made it to my car after pushing our way through the sea of flashing lights. I gave Mr. Jerry a huge hug before he left.

"Thank you so much for that. I wouldn't have been able to make it out of there." I wiped away a tear that somehow managed to escape from my eye.

"No problem, Ally. I'm always here for my employees. Speaking of which, I don't know what happened while you were away in Los Angeles , but just know I'm here for you if you need me." He smiled.

"He didn't rape me." I said, my voice shaking as the words escaped my mouth.

"I believe you, Ally, but they won't believe until whoever wrote that article says it wasn't true."

I give him one more hug before I drive off.

"Thanks again." I cried.

"No problem, again." He chuckles.

I hopped into my car and drove home. It was only a ten minute drive from my job to my apartment, but it felt like it took years to make it home. I closed my door and locked it, tears flowing down my face. How could some do this to me, to Luke, and to Michael? How could someone ruin someone's life? Who could've done this. My phone starts ringing, causing a sigh to escape my lips. I pulled it out my pocket, my heart sinking as his name popped up on the screen. I can't talk to Luke, not at all. He probably thinks that it was me who wrote the letter.

I sat there and let the phone ring. I just can't face him right now. The phone stops ringing, only to start ringing again. This time, it was my mom.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ally, sweetie, are you okay? I heard what happened, do me and your dad need to fly up there?" My mom asks. I can hear the panic in her voice.

"I'm fine mom. Nothing happened between me and that guy. Well, something did happen, but he didn't force himself onto me." I explained.

"Well then why are they saying he did?" She questions.

"I don't know. Someone made all of it up, but I don't know who and why. Please don't worry about me mom, I'm fine, I swear."

"Thank god. I almost had a heart attack. I don't know who did this, but whoever did is an asshole. I'm just so glad you're okay. You need to come and visit me and your father, I haven't seen you in a long time."

"I know mom. I'll come down there soon."

"Okay. Are you sure you're okay? Are you sure nothing happened between you and that boy. You can tell me anything, Ally."

"Yes, Mom, I'm sure. I made the first move. I kissed him first." I admitted.

"He's not paying you to say this, is he?" My mom asked.

"No! No one is paying me to say anything, no one raped me, I'm fine."

"Okay, sweetie. I love you so so much, and I'm sorry you have to go through this. Just call me whenever you need me, and I'll be on the next plane to New York."

"I love you too mom, bye."

"Bye darling, take care."

More tears escaped my eyes as I ended the call with my mom. She was so worried about me, and I still feel like she is. Why would any one make up such lies? Michael never raped me, he never forced hisself onto me. I kissed him first, I made the first move, and I regret all of it. None of this would be happening if it wasn't for me. I ruined Michael's life, I ruined Luke's life, I ruined the band. Everything can come crashing down all because of me.

My phone rings again, Luke's name showing up for the caller ID. I refused to answer the phone. I can't talk to him, and I don't think I'll ever be able to. I ruined his life too much, talking to him would just make things worse. Luke continues to call me and I continue not to answer. He finally stopped calling after the fifth attempt.

I turned my phone off, avoiding anymore calls that were coming my way. I sat on the floor, thinking about who could've wrote the letter. At first, I wasn't able to think of anyone, but then everything came to me. It was Fred.