55

Ally's pov

I laid on the grass, absorbing the warm rays from the sun. Colorful flowers cover the field that I laid on. You can hear the trees rustling in the wind. Mallory sits next to me, talking about something. I couldn't pay attention to her. All I could think about was him. All I could do is wonder if he's okay, if he recovered, if he relapsed. I haven't talked to him since February and it's the end of April now. I used to have Ashton update me on how Luke was doing, but he stopped because he said that it wasn't good for my health to constantly worry about him. I've been so lost for these past two months. It's like a part of my life is gone, and I have no way of getting it back. What if he hates me now? What if he doesn't even care about me now? I miss him, I really do, and it's a shame that I cut him out of my life. We could've still been together, but I thought cutting him out was the right thing.

"Ally, are you even listening?" Mallory asked.

"Yeah, yeah I was." I responded.

"Okay, what did I say then?" Questioned Mallory.

"Ugh... I don't know." I sighed.

"Ally, you have to stop worrying about him. Luke is fine now. All the news outlets say that he's perfectly fine, and that he's recovering. There's no need to worry." Mallory assured me.

I stared off at the sun that's starting to set. I didn't respond to her. I can't stop worrying about Luke. It crushes me knowing that he tried taking his own life because of me. I want to make things better between us, but seeing him would be bad. What if he relapses from seeing me? I just want to see him again, hold him, and kiss him. I wish I never messed up the relationship, I wish I never fucked Michael, and I wish I never lied to Luke. If I would've told Luke that we were moving too fast, he wouldn't be going through all of this. We would be happy together.

"Ally, I cant take care of you. I'm 17, and you're 24, about to turn 25 in a month. We can't leave you alone because we're scared that you might try to hurt yourself. My mom and I can't keep watch over you, so please... please stop thinking about him." Mallory said.

"I'll try", was all I was able to say.

Mallory and her mom have been watching me ever since Luke tried to kill himself. It's sad that they pretty much have to babysit me. I know that it's been a tough couple of months for them, both financially and mentally. Susan, Mallory's mom and my aunt, have been struggling to keep the house ever since her husband left. Her husband was the one who was paying all the bills, but now Susan has to pay all of them. Susan is a fry cook at some fancy restaurant. She gets paid more than minimum wage, but it's not enough to keep the bills paid. She wanted to be a registered nurse, but she became pregnant her first year of college and dropped out. It was too hard for her to take care of a baby and be at college. She wants to go back, but she doesn't have the money for it, and she doesn't want to be in debt from student loans.

"I think it's time to go, Ally. The sun is starting to set." Mallory pointed out.

"You can go home, I'm just going to watch the sunset." I said.

"Okay." She grabbed her things and walked home.

I watched as the sun started to set. This is the same sun that Luke sees. I wonder if his sunsets have been as pretty as this one. I wish things weren't the way they are now. I wish Luke could be next to me, watching this amazing sunset. I wish I could turn back time and restart.