36

Looking at his face fills me with rage. I just wanna punch him, or just yell at him. He never even tried to apologize. Well, he tried the night when everything happened, but I ignored him. It's hard to ignore him now since we will be with each other 24/7 for about four months.

We sit on the floor, waiting for our plane that's been delayed for two hours now. Ashton and Calum are talking amongst themselves while Michael and I sit on the floor. Michael hasn't said anything to me while in the airport, and I haven't said anything to him. We can't keep this going for long because Ashton and Calum will catch on and wonder what's wrong.

I peer over at Michael, who's just playing on his phone. I open my mouth, preparing myself to say something, but I couldn't. I have absolutely nothing to say to him. There's too much anger in me to even try to talk, the rage starts taking over me again. Can I even look at him without wanting to knock him out.

"Luke, Michael, you guys have been real quiet, what's up?" Calum asks.

"Nothing, just tired." I said.

"Same, I've been very exhausted for the past couple days." Michael admits.

"Damn, you better not have this energy when we're up onstage tonight." Calum chuckled.

"Of course not , I'll be ready by then." I laugh.

"So, Luke, hows Ally?" Ashton says, joining in on the conversation.

I can feel the little bit of happiness I had vanish when Ashton mentioned her name. He can't know about what happened . He would just rub in my face about how he knew it wouldn't work out.

"She's good." I said bluntly

"That's good. I just haven't heard anything from her after the party, so like I thought something happened." Ashton confessed.

"Nope, we are fine." I lied.

I look over at Michael, who's starring right at me, he makes direct eye contact with me and then turns away.

"Well that's good too. You know, I'm starting to regret what I said earlier, about you two not making it. She seems like a really good girl." Ashton apologizes, patting my shoulder.

I hold back from blurting anything out. It feels like Ashton jinxed my whole relationship. Everything was going fine until he came in and put those thoughts in my head, and then Michael had to trot along and fuck her. The only person who hasn't done anything was Calum.

We start to get in line when the airport announces that our plane has finally arrived. I quickly grab all my stuff and rush into the line, leaving everyone else behind. I just can't be around them right now. I could feel the tears slowly start to flood my eyes. I shouldn't be crying over Ally, but what happened just hurts too much. I don't know if I'll be able to forgive Michael or Ally.

We arrived at the American Airlines Center in Miami, Florida. We sat in the green room while the stage crew threw together our stage. We have a couple of hours before people start to come into the arena. We start practicing and rehearsing our songs in the green room.

~
~
Everyone starts to get quiet as the lights slowly start to dim.

I saw you looking brand new overnight
I caught you looking, too, but you didn't look twice
You look happy
You look happy

I start singing while playing the piano. I look out into the crowd, thousands of people holding up their flashlights, they're all singing along with me.

Flashing back to New York City
Changing flights so you'd stay with me
Remember thinking that I got this right

Now I wish we'd never met
'Cause you're too hard to forget
While I'm cleaning up your mess
I know he's taking off your dress
And I know that you don't
But if I ask you if you love me
I hope you li-li-li-lie
Lie to me

Everything started to replay in my head. The yelling, the screaming, the betrayal, the heartbreak, everything. I wrote this song about an ex, but now it's relating to what happened now.

It's three A.M. and the moonlight's testing me
If I can make it 'til dawn then it won't be hard to see
That I ain't happy
I ain't too happy

The sadness soon starts to overwhelm me. I thought I could get over this, but I can't. How can I get over her when everything reminds me of her. How can I forget about her when almost every song I play reminds me of her. She's everywhere, and I can't get rid of her. She's haunting me.

I continued singing the song, feeling more empty than ever. Why did everything have to happen before tour? Why did she have to go and fuck Michael? Why did she have to lie to me?

Singin'
Li-li-li-lie, li-li-li-li-li-lie
Li-li-li-li-li-lie, li-li-li-li-li-lie
And I know that you don't
But if I ask you if you love me
I hope you li-li-li-lie
Lie to me

The crowd finishes the song with me, cheering and screaming once it's finished. I run backstage for our small intermission. Calum, Ashton, and Michael were waiting in the back for me.

"You did amazing, as usual." Calum said, giving me a high five.

"Yeah Luke, you always manage to out due yourself every time you sing that song." Ashton compliments.

"Thanks guys." I smile.

I look over at Michael, who hesitates to say anything. He looks at me, and then looks down to the ground.

"Mikey, you're not gonna compliment Luke?" Ashton asked.

Michael looked up from the ground and made direct eye contact with me.

"You did great, mate." Michael said, nonchalantly.

"Wow, can you sound any happier?" Calum asked.

Michael just lifted his shoulders and shook his head.

"Hey, what's up with you two? You guys have been acting very different all day." Ashton asked.

"What are you talking about? We're fine." I laugh.

"Really? You've  barely said anything to each other at all, and when you do, it's very dry." Ashton explains.

I look over at Michael, who's still just staring down at the ground.

"I'm just tired, that's it." I lied as I walk into the back, avoiding everything.