The Vampire Boy (PART 2)

It's been over a year since you've seen the vampire boy you met on that fateful autumn evening. The boy said he would see you again, and you've held onto that hope for what's felt like an eternity.

It would obviously sound strange to anyone oblivious to what happened to you that night, but you fell in love with the boy that went out of his way to keep you safe from a world you didn't even know existed. But that's crazy, isn't it? Being in love with a monster who's name you don't even know?

You know it's silly and stupid, but you leave your bedroom window cracked open at night. Every night before you sleep, you stand out on your fire-escape, peering out at the park below you. But of course you never see him.

You had expected your crush on the boy to wane, but every night you find yourself sucked back into the memory of him feeding on you. Your feelings only grow...

It isn't until a cold night in December that you see some evidence of the boy. You're standing out on your fire-escape when you hear a whisper in the wind. "Help me..."

The voice sends chills down your spine even though you're bundled up against the cold. The voice sounded like it came from right beside you. You whip your head around, but you're alone on the fire-escape.

You head back inside, leaving your bedroom window cracked open like always. You settle in for bed and as you close your eyes you hear the voice again. "Please, help me..."

Your heart skips a beat and a cold sweat breaks out across your skin. You feel like you can vaguely recognize the voice, but are unable to put a face to it. You feel a light touch on your exposed leg, and jerk away, reaching for a pillow and throwing it wildly. It lands with a harmless plop a few feet away.

You hear a strange thumping. When you open your eyes and peer into the darkness, you find a pair of glowing eyes staring back at you. You shrink back; clutching your blanket in your hands. Your heart is in your throat and you can't even get a squeak out.

In a matter of seconds, you are pinned down onto your bed. A hand claps over your mouth and you feel a sharp pain on your neck. The pain quickly turns to pleasure as blood is drawn from you. You moan, gripping their shoulder.

They keep going, draining more and more blood from your body, showing no signs of slowing down. You can't even find the strength to push them away. As you begin to fade, you catch a glimpse of their face.

It's him. The boy who saved you. He looks completely different from the last time you saw him. His skin has taken on a pale tone and he looks gaunt. His eyes are dull; however there is one thing that stands out. His eyes that were once a deep, dark shade are now as red as the blood staining your comforter.

Before you completely fade away, he presses his lips to yours. You can taste your blood on his mouth.

You wake with a start, your heart hammering in your chest. There are dried tears on your cheeks. Your hand drifts to your neck, and you breathe a sigh of relief when you can't find a mark.

The next day, your nightmare is all you can think about. You're so consumed by it that you can't even focus at work. Your boss ends up sending you home for the day, worried that you might've caught a winter bug.

When you step into your apartment, you quickly realize something is off. You cautiously do a search, leaving your bedroom for last. As you get closer, you know there is something on the other side of your bedroom door that wasn't there when you left this morning.

You slowly open the door, steeling your nerves. You suck in a breath and see...

Nothing. Your room is just as you'd left it. You head to the fire-escape and peer out at the city skyline for a moment, then you turn to head inside.