Imagine Spending a Night at the Carnival with Joonie

I love that it's finally getting colder here! We had our first official cold front yesterday!

I've also linked the song I quoted above so check it out!!

The night is refreshingly crisp as you skip through the carnival's midway. "Joonie!" You look back at your boyfriend as you hold his hand, beaming happily. You've been dying to come to the carnival, and Namjoon's finally had a day off. This morning when he surprised you with the news that you would be spending the evening at the fair, you threw your arms around him; peppering his face with teeny smooches.

Namjoon smiles as he allows himself to be pulled along by his adorable girlfriend. He'd let you take him anywhere, even to the depths of Hell. "Are you hungry, love? What do you want to eat?"

You catch the distinct aroma of fried food and your stomach rumbles. "I don't know! There's so many options!" Just thinking about all the possibilities of food you can enjoy fills your heart with happiness.

Namjoon kisses the back of your hand affectionately. "I'll buy you anything you want, baby."

"So," you begin looking up at Namjoon, falling instep beside him. "If I wanted something from every food stall, what would you say?"

"I'd get you everything you wanted, of course," he chuckles. "You're my princess. I'm at your beck and call; your wish is my command."

And sure enough, Namjoon buys you every sort of carnival fare your little heart desires. Soon you're both walking around with foil-wrapped turkey legs, containers of fried Oreos, a funnel cake, and lemonade. "Baby, are you sure you can eat all this?" Namjoon raises his hands slightly as you look for a place to sit and feast.

"Yes." You lift your chin, a sense of determination flooding through your veins. You spot an empty picnic table, and Namjoon leads the way; grinning when you immediately tuck into your turkey leg.

"What even are these?" Namjoon asks as he examines a fried Oreo.

"They're fried Oreos," you reply. "Try one. They're better while they're warm."

Joonie takes a bite, chewing thoughtfully for a moment. He nods before popping the rest of the confection into his mouth. "Can we make these sometime?"

"Yeah." You nod, reaching for an Oreo. "We can make them whenever you want. We have all the ingredients at home."

"We do?" Joon's face lights up like a Christmas tree. It's an adorable sight to see. Suddenly, he stops, cocks his head, and abruptly stands.

"Joonie? What's wrong?" You look up at him as you take a bite of your turkey leg.

"Come on, baby." He comes around to your side of the table and takes your wrist in his hand, pulling you to your feet. His grip is gentle and light.

"But our food!" You look back at your abandoned funnel cake, lemonade, and half-eaten turkey leg.

"I'll buy you more later, I promise!" Namjoon squeezes your hand as he hurries forward.

Soon, you can hear it; the twang of an acoustic guitar. All around you, people are also beginning to follow the sound, chattering excitedly. After a few moments, you reach a small stage. A country band is playing, and couples are already beginning to sway to the melody.

"Kiss me in the dark
Roll me through the night
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Hit me with your heart
Til the morning light
Let your skin talk to my souuullll
Kiss me in the dark."

Namjoon looks down at you and smiles, placing one hand on your hip, taking your other hand in his. He grins as he leads you through a simple two-step. Your boots glide easily over the dirt beneath your feet. You giggle as you gaze up at his face. "Where did you pick this up?"

"I watched a million tutorials on YouTube while you were taking a nap," he chuckles, pulling you closer. You're only a breath apart now. Namjoon twirls you away from him, then pulls you back against his chest in one fluid movement. You're so happy you feel as if you could burst.

As you dance, Namjoon leans down to whisper in your ear. "I love you."

You stumble in the middle of your step, accidentally stepping on Joonie's toes. "Sorry!" You quickly back off, your face flushing. "You, ah, caught me off-guard."

"I was going to wait a little longer to say it," Namjoon murmurs. "But I know how I feel. I don't want to wait anymore."

"Joonie, I—" A laugh escapes past your lips as happiness floods through your veins, leaving you feeling breathless and giddy. "I love you too."

Joonie grins as he lifts you off your feet and spins you around, pulling you in for a deep kiss.