The Bet: The Truth Comes Out (Part 2)

"Hey, baby." Namjoon's smooth voice hits your ears and you feel a swarm of butterflies take flight in your belly. His arms snake around your waist. He pulls you close. His lips brush against your neck and you find yourself leaning into his touch.

"This is a sacred hall of education." At the sound of this new voice, you hurriedly extricate yourself from Namjoon's grasp. You turn to find Jimin grinning at you.

"Jesus, Jimin!" Namjoon's face is slightly flushed. "You scared Y/N!"

Jimin giggles. "You really shouldn't be doing something like that in school of all places."

"It was Joonie's fault," you mutter, shaking your head and moving to Jimin's side.

"Ah," Jimin hums, nodding his head. "Well, you're mine now; so I'll forgive such a brazen act just this once!" He kisses your cheek and takes your hand, pulling you flush against his side.

"Jimin, don't do that." Namjoon's voice is stern, but he's smiling. No one could ever be mad at someone as sweet as Jimin.

"Too late," Jimin sings. "You left her alone and now she's mine! Run away with me!" He hurries you away, giggling like the world's cutest madman.

"Hey!" Namjoon's voice can be heard echoing after you. "Get back here with my girlfriend, little-pepper boy!"

You and Jimin duck through a crush of students, crashing into Hoseok as you round a corner. At once, the fun seems to have come to a complete halt.

"Heeey," Hoseok frowns, pinning you with a glare so icy that you have to suppress a shiver. "What're you guys doing?"

Jimin bites his lip at the older boy's expression. "Sorry, Hobi-hyung."

Hoseok scoffs and shoulders passed you. Jimin looks after him, still worrying his lower lip between his teeth. You touch his arm and Jimin immediately returns to his usual smiling self.

"Sorry about that, Y/N." Jimin gives you an embarrassed smile. "Let's get you back to Namjoon." He squeezes your hand and leads you back to your boyfriend.

When he sees the two of you, Namjoon grins. He meets you halfway and wraps you up in a hug. "I missed you." He kisses your forehead.

Jimin runs his fingers through his hair. He's looking up at Namjoon like he wants to say something so desperately but he's too afraid to open his mouth.

"Are you alright, Jimin?" Your voice startles the boy.

He shakes his head and smiles. "I'll see you guys later." And with that, Jimin leaves.

Namjoon walks you to the cafeteria, keeping you pulled close to his side. This is something that you love. Namjoon always has to be touching you in some way. His touch is never too much; there's never a hidden meaning behind his light brushes or kisses.

You and Namjoon head to your usual table. As you eat, you consider bringing up what happened with Hoseok in the hall. "Joon," you begin, wiping your mouth with a napkin. "Why doesn't Hoseok like me?"

Namjoon's brow furrows. "What makes you say that?"

You hesitate, then tell him what happened in the hall with Jimin earlier.

Namjoon purses his lips. "This always happens with my girlfriends. Don't take it to heart, love. I'll talk to him, so don't worry about it." He pulls you close and presses his lips to your forehead. After a moment, he stands and smiles down at you. "I'll talk to him right now. Wait here."

With that, Namjoon gets up from the table and heads over to where his friends are sitting. When you turn in your chair to look back at them, you lock eyes with Jimin. You give him a warm smile, and he returns it. He glances at Hoseok and the rest of the boys, then, when he's sure their attention is sufficiently diverted elsewhere, quietly slips away from the table and heads over to you.