Happy Birthday, Jungkook *Happy 21st, Jungkookie!!*

This little one-shot is in honor of our resident Bunny Boy's birthday!! Happy birthday, Jungkookie! We love you!!

Namjoon stands before the entrance to Jungkook's studio, Golden Closet. He was drawn to the room because he heard Jungkook singing. His voice is so pure, Namjoon feels something stir in his chest. Jungkook continues singing, completely lost in his own world.

It seems the Golden Maknae is signing off on a VLive. Namjoon smiles. He hasn't done one of those in a while; so ARMY will be happy.

Namjoon waits a few moments before quietly opening the door to Jungkook's studio. He stands right behind Jungkook, biting back a grin.

Jungkook sighs, running a hand down his face. When he scoots his chair back, he bumps into his Leader. Jungkook starts, then grins up at the older boy. "What're you doing here, Namjoon-hyung?"

"I heard you singing," Namjoon replies. "Do you know what time it is?"

"Is it late? Did I wake you?" Jungkook bites his lip. "I couldn't sleep and I figured some ARMYs would be up to keep me company since you guys were asleep."

Namjoon shakes his head. "You didn't wake me. No worries." He ruffles Jungkook's hair. "Do you know what time it is?"

"I dunno..." Jungkook's brow furrows, then he shrugs. "Late?"

"It's midnight," Namjoon grins. "Happy birthday, Jungkookie."

Jungkook's eyes widen and he smiles, covering his face with his hands. "What?"

"Did you forget?" Namjoon bumps Jungkook's shoulder. "I know we've had a long couple of days, but how could you forget your own birthday?"

After a moment, Namjoon lifts his shirt and pulls a flask out of the waistband of his sweatpants. "Jja-jaaaaan!"

Jungkook laughs and claps his hands. "Are we going to get drunk together? Just you and me, hyung?" The boy's voice is high with glee.

"If you want." Namjoon's grin is easy. "Let's do it!"

The two boys take turns passing the flask back and forth, and they quickly become terribly drunk. They leave Golden Closet studio and stumble through the dorm.

Namjoon and his hoo-bae giggle as they lean on each other. They head to the kitchen to refill Namjoon's flask. Namjoon holds a finger to his lips as he pours liquor into the flask. Jungkook claps a hand over his mouth, his eyes locked on his hyung.

Once the flask is filled again, Namjoon motions for the younger boy to follow him, keeping a finger up against his lips.

The pair finally make it to Namjoon's room. Jungkook quietly shuts the door behind him as Namjoon flips on the light. The boys heave a sigh of relief, then lock eyes with each other and break into another fit of giggles.

Namjoon flops down onto his bed and Jungkook follows suit. Jungkook curls up close to his leader. He closes his eyes and thinks about all the years that have passed; all the memories they've shared together. The Golden Maknae feels a smile slowly creep across his features. He sits up suddenly, crossing his legs and gazing at Namjoon's face.

"What?" Namjoon chuckles. "Is there something on my face?"

"No," Jungkook smiles. After a brief pause, he rocks back and forth, his hands in his lap. "I just... I wanted to thank you, Namjoon."

"For what?" Namjoon is still a little confused.

"Ah," Kookie chuckles, covering his mouth with his hand. "You helped raise me. Without you and the others, I wouldn't be the man I am today. I know I used to be a bit of a brat." He trails off, his cheeks turning pink. He seems to be thoroughly embarrassed.

Namjoon grins, pulling the boy close. "That's my job, you brat. I have to help you guys grow and protect you when I can. You don't have to thank me for that."

Jungkook returns the embrace, his chest feeling incredibly warm; and the liquor has nothing to do with it. "Hyung," the boy's voice is as soft as the tiniest whisper. "I'll make you proud."

Namjoon smiles. "You've already made me proud, Jungkook. You've grown into a man that is strong; who loves his members and ARMY so much. I couldn't ask for a better Golden Maknae than you."

Jungkook and Namjoon spend the rest of the night talking about anything and everything.

Shortly before the sun comes up, Namjoon looks over at Jungkook's sleeping form beside him and smiles. "Happy birthday, Jungkook. May you always be happy and healthy. I'll do my best to help you continue to grow. I promise..."

Happy birthday once again! Are there any other pairings I should write about? Let me know!