Get You the Moon *Happy Hobi Day!*

Jung Hoseok bites his lip as he waits for you to come downstairs. He's nervous. He's had something on his mind for a long while and tonight is the night that he's finally going to act. He just hopes things don't turn sour afterwards.

"Hobi? What's up? You're spaced out." You wrap your arm around his waist in a casual hug when you meet him on the sidewalk. Having you so close makes Hoseok suck in a breath. His heart skips so hard that it makes his chest ache. He winces at the pain.

"We're going to our spot, right? Just us?" You take his hand and beam up at him; blissfully unaware of the affect you're having on him. Holding your hand feels perfectly natural, though. It's like your hands were made to hold each other's. Hoseok would do anything to be able to hold your hand for the rest of his life. But maybe that won't be possible after tonight. So he'll hold on extra tight for now.

It's funny. As balmy as the night is, Hoseok's sweating. He can feel his t-shirt starting to stick to his body. He hopes you don't notice.

"Hoseok, are you listening?" Your voice slices right through Hoseok's pondering, startling him.

"Huh? Sorry, what'd you say?" He glances at you, giving you a sheepish smile as he pulls up against the curb.

But you're looking out the window now, taking in the sight of the ocean beyond the sea wall. Hoseok loves bringing you out here because it's always calm, and when it's just the two of you, it feels like you're in a private oasis. It's looking like a "private-oasis" type of night tonight. Hoseok's thankful for this. If things don't turn out the way he wants, he'd prefer not to have an audience.

"Ready?" you ask, turning to face him.

Seeing your big, dazzling smile makes Hoseok's face flush. Fuck, he's got it bad. Get it together, Hoseok! Get your head in the game! Let's go!

"Hoseok?" Shit, you look concerned! Snap out of it, Hoseok!! "Are you good?"

"Y-yeah." Hoseok recovers after a beat, giving you a winning smile. "Come on." He leads you out by the hand, gently guiding you down the steep steps of the sea wall. Fuck, there's no turning back now. Can he really do this? Does he have the guts? God, he's wanted to do this for so long...

Once your feet hit the sand, you race forward into the surf, slipping your hand out of Hoseok's. "Come on, Hobi!"

Hoseok grins and chases you across the sand, wrapping his arms around your waist and spinning you around effortlessly. This feels so right... But, one step at a time. You throw your arms around his neck, bringing your face closer to his. His breath catches, and his heart squeezes in his chest.

But you throw your head back, giggling happily. "I love you!" Hoseok hears these three words from you all the time, but they never fail in making his heart soar.

"I love you too..." Thankfully, you're close enough to the waves that they completely drown Hoseok's words out. Hoseok carries you bridal-style over the sand and gently sets you down. He sinks down beside you, and you lean your head against his shoulder. Hoseok wonders if you're really as oblivious as you seem when you do things like this.

Probably not. Girls usually do things like this on purpose. Hoseok knows that girls are very smart, and do certain things to get their way with boys. Is that what you're doing? Well, if he's honest, Hoseok knows he'd have fallen under your spell no matter what.

"Hey," Hoseok pauses as he gathers his courage, squeezing his hands into fists in his lap as if he's able to physically hold it in place. "I actually had another reason for bringing you out here. I wanted to—"

"Oh my gosh! Look!" You grab Hoseok's arm and point upwards. "See? Oh— There's another one!" Stars are falling from their perches in the night sky.

Whoa... That's gotta be a good omen, right?

"Make a wish," Hoseok murmurs, glancing over at you. Shit, in this light you look absolutely gorgeous.

"My wish already came true," you reply, scooting closer to him. "I've been wanting to see you."

Hoseok feels his chest tighten, and he has to fight to keep his hand away from the aching area. "You can always tell me when you want to come down here." He smiles. "For you, I'd come a million times."

Fuck. That did not come out like he intended. Dumb ass.

You furrow your brow for a second, then you crack a smile and punch his arm. "You dummy. That sounded weird."

"I—I didn't mean it like that, obviously!" Hoseok's face has turned a shade that you've never witnessed. He's blushing so hard, even his forehead is changing to a bright red.

"Obviously, huh?" You pout, moving away from him. "Damn."

"Ah! N–no! You're—" Hoseok looks so flustered. You notice tiny beads of perspiration dotting his upper lip.

"Hey, are you okay?" You look concerned again. You touch Hoseok's arm, moving closer to him once more. "I was just kidding."

"Yeah," Hoseok grins in what he hopes is a charming way. In reality, it's a bit too wide.

"Okay," you draw the word out slowly as you return your attention to the sky. The stars are still falling.

"I'd get you the moon if you asked me to, you know." Hoseok keeps his gaze on you. The stars can't ever hope to compare to what he's focused on right now.

"What'd you say?" You turn to look at him. In the next instant, his lips are gently pressed against yours. He can't believe he actually found the guts to do it! When your hands slowly come up to grip his shirt, he smiles into the kiss.

After a few moments, you break apart, breathless. "Sorry..." Hoseok can't keep the grin off his face as he rubs his hands across his face.

"Are you kidding?" You lightly hit his arm. "I've been waiting for you to do that for the longest time! I had no idea if you liked me!" You laugh and the sound is like music to Hoseok's ears.

"I've always had a thing for you," Hoseok shrugs. "I'm glad I finally went for it. This has been the best birthday I've ever had." He laughs.

"Ready for your gift?" You pull him for another long, slow kiss.

A tribute for Sunshine's birthday! Yes I know I'm late 😂😂 But it's the thought that counts lol