Imagine Marrying Namjoon

You and Namjoon have been engaged for about two years now. You remember the night Namjoon proposed to you. He asked your parents if they could babysit your son for the night so he could take you out. Of course, your parents already knew what he was planning. He had went to them privately about a month before he proposed to ask their permission to marry you.

Now, after so long, the day has finally arrived.

You stand with your parents outside the wedding venue. You're nervous. Your hands are trembling as you and your father wait for the signal to begin your walk down the aisle. Your mother pats your hair before pulling you into a hug. "I love you." When she pulls away, her eyes are misty.

Soon, the wedding march begins to play softly through hidden speakers. Your father looks down at you, smiling. "You ready?"

Your words get caught in your throat, so you nod; a wavering smile flitting across your lips. You lean on your father as you walk, focusing on Namjoon's—your future husband's—tall form just down the aisle. Wow. Imagine that. Future husband. You never thought this day would come; getting married to someone that loves you and your son with so much of himself. You know he'd die for the both of you in a second, without even an ounce of hesitation.

As this thought crosses your mind, you spot your son in the front row, sitting quietly in your mother's lap. He's distracted by her bracelet, so he's still for the moment.

After what feels like an eternity, you've finally reached Namjoon. Your father pulls you into an embrace. You feel his cheek, wet with tears. "I love you, sweetheart. I'm so proud of the woman you've become."

Now it's time to face Namjoon. As you stand before the man who in just a matter of minutes will become your husband, butterflies swarm in your belly. Namjoon gently lifts your veil, revealing your face. He grins, his cheeks turning pink with an adorable flush. "Hello, love," he murmurs.

You reach for his hands; they're trembling. You rub your thumbs in small circles against the backs of his hands, turning your attention to the marriage officiant. After careful consideration, you and Namjoon decided to ask his friend Hoseok to be the "master of ceremonies". Hoseok—although usually very excitable, is taking his role of marriage officiant very seriously. He's rehearsed his lines about a million times. Namjoon sent you a video of Hoseok practicing with Taehyung and Jin a few days before the wedding.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming," Hoseok's clear voice rings out, making the waiting congregation fall into a hushed silence. "We're here to witness the joining of these two wonderful souls. I've been lucky enough to have been able to know Namjoon for a few years now, and I've known Y/N for a while, and I can say with perfect certainty that they're the best people I know. They're genuine and they love with so much of themselves. When they had their son, I witnessed their love grow. I didn't even think it was possible. But, they're the perfect family; and this marriage will solidify that." Hoseok smiles at your mother. "Can I have the rings, please?"

Your mom rises, setting your son down. "Remember how we practiced. Take the rings to mommy and daddy," she murmurs into your son's ear, pointing down the aisle to you.

Your son studies the two of you for a moment, then looks around at all the people watching him like he's some adorable animal. If you're honest, you get a little choked up at the sight. He looks like a perfect mixture of the two of you. He has your eyes, Namjoon's dimples. He walks up to where you, Namjoon, and Hoseok are standing, and Hoseok kneels down to take the rings from the small boy. Hobi beams and ruffles his godson's hair before slipping back into character. "With these rings, two will become one." Hoseok looks over at Namjoon, handing him a ring. "I understand the couple chose to write their own vows." He steps back, and Namjoon ducks his head before slipping the ring onto your finger.

"Y/N," Namjoon begins, chuckling nervously. He reaches into the jacket pocket of his tuxedo and pulls out a worn piece of paper that looks as if it's been read and and re-folded a million times. You can see the paper trembling in his hands. "I've known you for what feels like a lifetime. You make me better. You've supported me as I've pursued a huge opportunity; and as a result of that, I can support you, and our family. You never once told me that becoming an idol was stupid or a waste of time. You are the only thing that's kept me going, especially on the hard days. You know—" Namjoon's voice cracks as he tries to fight back tears.

"You know," he continues, after a moment. His voice wavers slightly, but Namjoon is still able to stand tall. "I've always been proud to call you my girlfriend; I was even more proud to call you the mother of my child. Now, after so much time spent planning the wedding and getting everything settled, I can finally call you my wife. It makes me proud to be able to hold your hand and kiss you goodnight. I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you and our son. I love you so much; and I hope I'm able to make you proud. I want to be the kind of man that you're able to stand beside and claim with pride. I... I love you."

To be honest, at this moment in time, you can't even see anything anymore because of the tears in your eyes. You're trying so hard to hold it together because you're about to read your vows. You look up at Namjoon and take a shaky breath. For a split second, you don't think you'll be able to speak. But then Namjoon grips your hands in his, and suddenly you feel a warm sense of peace flood through your being. You take a deep breath, and speak.

"Namjoon, when you picked me up for our first date, I didn't know what to expect. But you showed me such a good time. We ended up staying out the whole night, and you told me about being an idol. That night was when I had a feeling that I would end up loving you. You gave me a beautiful son, who is so much like you. You've protected, and provided for us without any hesitation. You are my best friend. I'm so happy that we can start on this new journey together. I love you, Kim Namjoon."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Hoseok stands back, grinning from ear to ear as Namjoon pulls you in for a long kiss. When you break away, you're breathless and beaming.

Before you walk back up the aisle with your now-husband, Namjoon scoops up your son, plopping him down on his shoulders. You link your fingers tightly with Namjoon's, and he smiles down at you.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Later, at the reception, after everyone's eaten their fill of the catering, you and Namjoon have your first dance. Namjoon pulls you flush against him, his hands tighten against your lower back. You sway together to the melody of the song, and he brings his face close to yours. Your noses brush, and you bite back a giggle. "I love you, Kim Y/N," Namjoon murmurs in your ear.

"Forever?" You whisper, feeling your eyes slip closed.

"Forever," Namjoon repeats, pressing his lips to your forehead.

"I love you, Kim Namjoon," you lean into him, inhaling his scent.

"Say that again," Namjoon whispers.

"I love you," you press your lips to his as the music swells.

Congratulations to the happy couple ❤️ I hope you guys enjoyed this one!