Happy Birthday!! *HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!*

You glance at the calendar on your phone, sighing. Your birthday is a week away. Now, you know it's probably a strange thing to admit, but you hate your birthday. After years of promised parties and get-togethers from family and friends that never amounted to anything except half-assed "sorry! Maybe next week?"s, you've learned to completely lower your expectations. If you're honest, you don't even tell people when your birthday is coming up. You don't want to deal with another disappointment.

Your phone buzzes in your hand, snapping you back to the present. Yoongi's face pops up on your screen. When you answer, his slow, deep voice hits your ears. "Y/N," he says. "Are you busy?"

"No," you reply. "What's up?"

"Classes were cancelled today, so I'm free," Yoongi says. "Do you wanna grab a coffee or something?"

"Yeah, that sounds good," you reply, feeling a smile cross your face.

"Alright." You can hear the smile in Yoongi's voice. "I'll come pick you up in twenty minutes."

And sure enough, twenty minutes later, there's a knock at your door. When you open it, Yoongi is standing on your porch. He smiles at the sight of you. "You look nice," he murmurs. "You ready to go?"

You feel your face flush with happiness at his compliment. When you step out to meet him, he slowly reaches for your hand. He turns his face away from you slightly, however you notice his cheeks redden just a bit.

You've known Min Yoongi for a short while, but you feel that you're good friends. You got assigned to each other as "Biology Buddies" this semester, and you've grown close. "Hey," you begin, as you and Yoongi walk to a nearby cafe. "Do you want to get together sometime to study for our midterm? It's in two weeks, right?"

"Yeah," Yoongi hums. "I was going to get together with my friends and we were gonna have a massive study session tonight. You should come."

"Me?" Your heart skips a beat. "I—"

"Did I tell you? I'm friends with Kim Namjoon." Yoongi shoots you a sidelong glance and smirks.

You slow your pace, your mouth falling open. "Kim Namjoon? He's that genius that's also really handsome, right?"

"Yeah," Yoongi chuckles. "He's going to help us study. Besides, I think my friends would really like you. It's a total sausage-fest, so we need a flower."

"Should I bring anything?" you ask. Although you hate to admit it, you're beginning to feel excited. You wonder what Yoongi's friends will be like.

You and Yoongi reach the cafe, and he holds the door open for you. You scout out a table while Yoongi goes to the restroom. As you wait, you peruse the menu, and your mind wanders to your upcoming birthday. Your mood slightly sours, but Yoongi returns then, so you paste on a smile.

"What're you gonna get?" Yoongi asks as he slides into the booth across from you, reaching for a menu.

"Probably just a hot chocolate," you reply, looking out the window.

"If I get a sandwich, will you split it with me?" Yoongi asks.

"Maybe," you say, grinning.

After a quick lunch, you and Yoongi go your separate ways. "I'll pick you up at seven, okay?" Yoongi calls over his shoulder.

*・゚:*・゚

Seven comes around faster than you anticipated. Yoongi knocks at your door, and falters slightly when he sees you. "Hey!" You beam at him. "I brought some notes and study guides. I'm actually kind of excited to meet your friends."