Imagine Your First Date with Namjoon

You pace around your apartment, your heart racing with a heady mixture of excitement and anxiety. You have a date tonight.

You're supposed to be meeting someone named Namjoon. You met him on Tinder a few weeks ago, and you exchanged numbers. You're surprised you hit it off so well.

With how handsome, down to earth, and sweet Namjoon is, you were a bit worried that he would turn out to be a catfish. But, you've FaceTimed a few times, and he's actually who he says he is. Isn't it funny how that's something that has to be questioned and worried about?

You hear a knock at your door and your heart leaps in your chest. You take a deep, calming breath and answer the door. You feel a mixture of relief and anxiety flood your chest at the sight of the man who you've been texting. He's holding a small bouquet of purple orchids and picasso calla lilies. You suck in a breath.

"Hi." His voice is rich and soothing. "Y/N?"

You start, smiling up at him. "That's me! Namjoon?"

"Yeah," he chuckles. "Oh!" He quickly holds the bouquet in his hands out to you. "These are for you. I remembered that you mentioned you liked purple orchids, and the florist I went to said these calla lilies would match."

"Oh!" You take the flowers from him, admiring their beauty. "I can't believe you remembered! Thank you so much! They're beautiful."

"I'm glad you like them; are you ready to go?" Namjoon smiles as he gestures to the door.

You nod, reaching for your jacket on the couch as you turn off the lights behind you.

Namjoon takes you to what he calls an "underground club". It's something totally different than what you were expecting. You thought Namjoon was going to take you to dinner or a movie, but this is a refreshing change of pace.

The building is dark and nondescript. You wouldn't ever have guessed that this place housed something like a club. As you wait in line, Namjoon puts his arm around you. "I hope you don't mind, but this place can get a little wild."

Your heart skips a beat, but one look at Namjoon's smiling face tells you that you have nothing to worry about.

"I'm ready," you grin. "You have my back, right?"

"Of course!" Namjoon returns your grin. "You're safe with me."

Once you're inside, you're immediately hit with a wall of sound. The bass from the DJ's speakers is deafening in the best way. The beat takes your heart's spot in your chest, and you find yourself getting excited. The air is thick with energy. You don't realize you're grinning so hard until Namjoon laughs. "You should see your face!" He has to lean in and cup his hands around your ear in order to be heard. "You look like a kid in a candy store!"

You and Namjoon dance together, and surprisingly, he's a perfect gentleman. His hands never drift lower than your waist. After a few songs, you look at each other; both of you are breathing heavily and wearing matching grins.

"Can I get you anything?" Namjoon leans in again and this time you catch a whiff of his cologne. Oh, this scent... It's your favorite. For a moment, you're dazed. Namjoon cocks his head and smiles; leaning in again. "Are you alright?"

You start, taking half a step back. "Y–yeah," you nod, pressing your palms to your cheeks. They're incredibly warm. Thankfully it's dark enough in the club that Namjoon can't see your blush. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked if you wanted anything to drink," Namjoon chuckles. This time, he doesn't lean in. You nod and Namjoon takes your hand. The gesture is effortless and at the same time, full of meaning. He leads you over to the makeshift bar, and signals for the bartender. "Do you have a preference?" Namjoon asks.