The Vampire Boy (PART 3)

As you deepen the kiss, your front door bursts open. Four vampires grin at you, their eyes blazing. "We found you."

Namjoon's eyes widen. "Shit..." He glances down at you, and bites his lip.

The four vampires grin maliciously, their eyes and canines gleaming. Their group is made up of three men and one woman. Namjoon takes your wrist and guides you behind him. He shifts into a protective stance, a low hiss emanating from deep within him.

"Aww." One of the vampires chuckles. "He thinks he's tough."

"We're going to kill them, right?" One of the other opposing vampires sounds bored. She's a female. "Especially him." She points a manicured nail at Namjoon.

Namjoon's mouth sets into a hard line. "You can have me; just leave the girl alone."

"Who, her?" A male vampire steps forward and licks his lips. "She's pretty cute. I wonder if her blood is sweet." His voice is rough. He tries to peer at you as you hide behind Namjoon.

You grip the back of Namjoon's shirt in a trembling fist. Namjoon takes a deep breath and turns to face you. He still has his guard up as he gazes down at you. His expression holds so much pain and regret. "I'm sorry, Y/N." His voice is strained with emotion. He brushes your cheek with his fingers. "I'll keep you safe, like I promised. But if something should happen, I want you to know that I..." He trails off and you feel your breath catch in your throat.

"I like you." Namjoon presses his lips to yours. The kiss is so emotionally charged that you feel an electric current course through your veins. You grip Namjoon's upper arms as tightly as you can, anchoring the two of you together for the moment. As the kiss continues, you can feel powerful waves of anxiety, anger and fear rolling off of him. The feelings are so intense that you feel tears well up in your eyes.

When Namjoon pulls away and catches sight of your tear-stained face, he pulls you to his chest. "Oh, BabyGirl..." He rests his cheek against the top of your head. "What's wrong? Please don't cry."

"Namjoon," you sniffle and look up at him, gripping his wrists in your hands. "You have to promise me that you'll come back to me. Don't let them kill you! I know you're strong, but—"

Namjoon grins. "You have my word." He presses his palm to his chest. "I'll come back."

"Are you done yet?" The female vampire speaks up, rolling her eyes. "Watching you two makes me want to throw up."

Namjoon ignores her, keeping his gaze on you. "I want you to stay close to me, okay?" His voice is gentle.

"But—" You grip his wrists. You're worried your presence might break his concentration.

"Don't worry," Namjoon cuts you off, the ghost of a smile flitting across his features. "I'll keep you safe. I promised, remember?"

You nod, your heart skipping in your chest. You grip Namjoon's shirt in a shaking fist as he turns to face the four intruding vampires.

"Like I said, you can have me; just leave Y/N alone." Namjoon's voice holds a low, but intense note of power.

"Oh~" One of the male vampires grins, his canines gleaming. "That's a pretty name. I'll be sure to say it as I'm draining her blood later." He catches your gaze and winks. You can't deny the fact that he's incredibly handsome. His eyes are dark, his gaze piercing. He has an earring in his left ear. His raven black hair brushes his collarbone.

In fact, all the vampires are beautiful. You're struck by them. Your breath catches in your throat. You can't tear your gaze away from them.

"Y/N." You almost don't hear Namjoon's voice. You keep your gaze locked on the vampires in front of you. "Y/N!!" Namjoon forcefully grabs your arm, the pressure snapping you back to reality. You blink and look up at him. "I'm sorry I grabbed you, but they had you drawn in. I had to snap you out of it, okay?" He ducks his head so he is completely dominating your field of focus.