Imagine Having Namjoon's Child

You stand frozen in the bathroom

You stand frozen in the bathroom. The room seems to have gotten smaller somehow. You can hear your heartbeat in your ears. You stare down at the small plastic pregnancy test in your hand until your vision goes blurry.

A baby?? Now?! But you and Namjoon have only been dating for a year; and he just got signed with that new company! Not to mention right now you're in between jobs. Oh, what are you going to do?!

Your thoughts begin to spiral, and you find yourself gripping onto your bathroom counter for dear life. Your chest feels cold and tight, and you find yourself struggling to draw in a steady breath.

With movements that seem mechanical, you head back to the bedroom, where your phone is charging. Your fingers tremble as you dial Namjoon's number.

He picks up after a few rings, sounding out of breath. "Y/N! What's up? Practice just finished." You can hear Namjoon's friends in the background.

"Namjoon—" Your voice comes out in a choked whisper. "Can you—" A sob threatens to leap from your throat, and you have to press a hand to your mouth to keep it back.

"Y/N? I can't understand you. Give me one second." You hear a door shut on Namjoon's end, and everything goes quiet. "So what happened?"

You take a shaky breath in through your nose, and speak. "Please come over. I'd rather not talk about this over the phone."

"Okay." There's a slow drawl to the word that gives evidence to Namjoon's confusion. "I'll be right there."

Namjoon arrives at your apartment thirty minutes later. He must see something in your face when you answer the door because he immediately takes you into his arms. "Hey," he murmurs. "What's wrong?"

"Namjoon, I—" Your voice cracks, and you bury your face in his chest.

Namjoon's arms tighten around you. "It's okay. Just breathe."

You take a few shaky breaths, trying to center your attention on Namjoon's heartbeat. After what feels like an eternity, you find your voice. "Namjoon, I'm pregnant."

Now that you've actually spoken the words, you feel the pressure on your chest lighten slightly. But you can't bring yourself to look up at Namjoon. You don't look at him until he speaks. "What?" he chuckles, but the sound is uncertain. "Are you sure?"

You nod against his chest. "I took the test right before I called you." You step back and reach into your back pocket for the pregnancy test. When you hold the test out to him, your fingers tremble.

Namjoon takes the test from you, and sucks in a short breath when he sees the word pregnant on the small digital screen.

"I'm sorry, Joon," you whisper, feeling hot tears spill over your cheeks.

"No," Namjoon says, pulling you in again, kissing your cheeks and your head. "We'll deal with this together. I'm here with you."

You and Namjoon spend a few hours talking about your options. You eventually agree to keep the baby. Namjoon promises to support you in any way he can while he works to get his group off the ground.