UGH!!

INSPIRED BY THE VIDEO ABOVE! I hope y'all enjoy it! ALSO: there's flashing lights in the video so use caution!

The bass thumps heavily in your chest. The energy in the room is electrifying. You can feel it rushing through your veins. The heady odor of marijuana permeates the air, leaving you a little dizzy. You duck around a couple of girls with their tongues down each other's throats as you look for a place to catch your breath. Who knew dancing could be so exhausting? You take a sip of your drink, surveying the mob of people that have somehow managed to squeeze into the building. As the music swells, someone in the crowd shouts "ayyy!" and points right at you.

You grin and gesture back to them. "Ayyy!"

Truthfully, you're not even supposed to be here. You don't know any of these people. The party details were posted on Twitter and you figured why the hell not?

So far, it seems like a pretty good party. Multiple people have come up to you like you're old friends and not some total stranger. Parties always bring everyone together, don't they?

As you stand off to the side, you notice a boy a short distance away. He laughs at something and shakes his head. He glances over at you, raising his cup in a gesture of solidarity. You mimic him, and he walks over to you, easily closing the distance between you. "Hey!" You have to lean up and shout to be heard over the uproarious noise of the party around you.

"Hey." The boy leans down, his deep, velvety voice hitting your ears in such a way that a delicious shiver runs down your spine. You catch a whiff of his cologne and your heart skips a beat. You've always loved a man that smells good. "Are you having a good time?"

"Yeah! I'll have to come back next—" The boy grabs your wrist and pulls you closer. You're mere centimeters away from his chest.

"That's better, isn't it?" His voice is still low as he leans down again. "You won't have to strain your voice anymore." He chuckles as he looks down at you. "Geez, you're so tiny. You'd better stick with me. I have a feeling things are gonna get pretty crazy before the night's over."

"Guess you'd better keep an eye on me." You lean in as the song changes to a fast-paced bop. You sway to the beat, and the stranger places his hands on your hips. You put your arms around his neck, biting your lip when his breath hits your neck.

As you dance, the party around you seems to fade out. If it could just be you and this stranger that smells so intoxicating you wouldn't mind one bit. "Your hair smells good," he murmurs, his lips brushing the hair at your temple. He leans back, and you gaze at each other. He leans in again, and your heart skips a beat. You know what's going to happen next. Your fingers begin their slow climb from his shoulders to his hair.

"COPS!!!"

At once the party that was once organized chaos immediately falls apart at the seams. People scatter, pushing and shoving to get as far away from the police as possible. Your heart sprints in your chest, your breath leaves your lungs in high, fast hitches. Oh, shit... OH SHIT!!! You whip your head around to look for any other exits, but with all the commotion, it's hard to see.

"Come on!" A strong hand finds yours and pulls, leading you upstairs. A few people have taken this option as well, but the majority seem to believe this is a futile escape route and remain crushed against the doors downstairs. As you hurry upstairs as fast as your legs can carry you, you pray you'll make it out of here free.

Damn!! Maybe you shouldn't have come. Yeah, laying in your comfy bed with a face mask on sounds like heaven right about now. As you're wishing you were anywhere but here, you crash headfirst into the person that has stopped abruptly in front of you. You catch a whiff of their cologne and your heart skips madly in your chest. It's him.