Imagine Going for a Late-Night Cruise with Namjoon

You lay in bed, your thoughts running circles in your mind

You lay in bed, your thoughts running circles in your mind. You've been laying in the dark since about 9 and you still haven't wound down. You scroll through Twitter for the tenth time in twenty minutes, but nothing's changed. You sigh and roll onto your stomach, moaning into your pillow.

"I have to get out of this apartment," you groan, rolling onto your back again. You decide to throw up an SOS call on Snapchat.

Let's hang? I'm sooooo bored! 😘✌🏼

Within minutes, your phone is going off with responses.

Rando 1: wya? I'll scoop 👀👀

Rando 2: You're too gorgeous to be bored, cutie

Rando 3: When will you give me a chance? I'll treat you like a princess :(

You roll your eyes. There's only one person who you really want to respond, and it's not any of these people. These replies go left on read.

You're waiting for Namjoon's name to pop up on the list of people who've viewed your story. As you wait, you decide to get fixed juuuuust a tad. You tug on your favorite high-waisted shorts, tie the front of your t-shirt in a knot at your navel, and study your reflection in the mirror. You spot a lone pimple beginning to form on your chin. "Shit," you hiss, grimacing at the mirror. Trying to pop it now would most-likely only result in an even redder mark on your skin. You unleash a spew of curse-words that would make a sailor blush as you reach for your makeup bag. Just as you finish the wing on your eyeliner, your phone chimes with a notification from Snapchat.

From Namjoon

You grin triumphantly as you pick up your phone and open Snapchat.

Namjoon: You wanna cruise for a while? I'll come get you

You type out a reply as you slip your shoes on. "I'm down. See you in a bit ☺️"

You've been friends with Namjoon for a few months now. You met at a park of all places. Namjoon was laying in the grass with his eyes closed, and as you were walking by, he looked dead. You glanced at the other people in the vicinity, but they were far from you. You were a bit surprised that no one seemed to have noticed a man just lying in the grass like this. But before you did anything drastic, you nudged his leg with your foot. "Hey, are you okay?"

Namjoon opened his eyes and sat up with a sigh. You cried out, taking a few steps back. "Oh shit! You're not... dead?"

Namjoon cocked his head and rubbed an eye with a closed fist. "I fell asleep? Oh, dear..." He reached for a notebook lying beside him, bringing it to his chest.

"Are you alright?" you asked, taking a cautious step towards him.

"Oh, I'm fine." he smiled up at you. "I always come here. I stayed up late writing last night, and I just..." Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry I scared you."