Love Me Like You Do *HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOONIE!*

You roll onto your side, feeling your chest tighten. You bite your lip as a chill runs through your veins. "Oh, no..." you whisper, drawing your knees up to your chest and pulling the blanket over your head. After a few moments, you will yourself to sit up even though it takes almost everything you have. Your head starts to spin as you reach for your phone. Your vision blurs as you gaze down at your notifications. You shake your head, sniffling. "No, I can't do this today. Today's Joonie's birthday. I'll just ignore it until tomorrow. I have to hold it in. Besides, I don't even know why I'm feeling this way."

You force yourself out of bed, tilting your head back for a moment before heading to the bathroom to shower. Usually a shower helps you feel better. Today, however, you don't have the luxury of a long shower. You jump in and out as quickly as you can, numbly going through the motions as you change and do your makeup.

You blast your favorite music as you get to work on Namjoon's birthday cake, hoping it'll help lift your spirits. As the songs play, your hips start to move and a smile forms on your face. You sing along, feeling the weight on your chest lighten.

As you lose yourself to the music, you hear a knock at your door. When you answer it, you're met with bright smiles from the Maknae line. Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung each pull you into a warm hug. You cling to them, letting them melt the icy feeling in your veins.

"Hey, it smells nice in here." Taehyung smiles.

"She has a candle lit, hyung," Jungkook says matter-of-factly.

"Well, that is true." You grin. "But I'm baking a cake for Joon."

"A cake?" The boys' eyes light up. "What kind?"

"Joon's favorite flavor," you reply, glancing at the timer on the stove. "It still has a little while to cook."

"Hey," Jimin says, tapping his feet and moving to the beat of the song that's playing. "What's this song?"

"Soltera, Minnie," you say, moving your hips alongside him, letting him take your hands. "It's one of my favorite songs."

The boys dance around the kitchen with you, filling your body with happiness. In this moment, everything's alright.

After the cake is cooled and frosted, you and the boys pile into your car. "Where's hyung's party at anyway?" Jungkook asks as he pulls out of your driveway.

"Yoongi sent directions to some new restaurant," you reply, pulling up the text thread on your phone.

Jungkook puts the directions into his map app and you and the boys spend the whole drive singing at the top of your lungs.

You greet Yoongi, Jin, and Hoseok with hugs. "You look pretty tonight, Y/N." Hoseok smiles down at you.

"She always looks pretty," Seokjin pipes up, rubbing your head affectionately. "She's beautiful."

"You're so handsome, Jinnie." You put an arm around his waist.

"I'd hate to interrupt the love-fest," Yoongi interjects. "But Namjoon will be here soon. We'd better get a table."

"Right." You nod. "Let's go inside. Come on, Maknaes. Hold hands so you don't get lost!"

"We're not babies, Y/N!" Taehyung laughs.

"But we'll hold hands anyway because I love it," Jimin says, giggling and taking Tae and Jungkook's hands.

"Yoongi," you say, reaching for Yoongi's hand. He lets you take it, ducking his head and smiling slightly.

"Only you, Y/N," he murmurs, squeezing your fingers.

"Yoongi's turning red! Hyung, do you have a fever? Do you feel alright?" Hoseok laughs.

"Ah," Jin says, shaking his head and taking on an admonishing tone. "Don't tease, Hoseok."

After you and the boys have successfully procured a timer, you herd the boys back outside to the parking lot. "Aigoo, I can't believe it was so packed in there." Taehyung runs his hand through his hair.

You pass the time playing Game Pigeon, laughing together. You're having so much fun with the boys that you don't even realize the heaviness has lifted until after Namjoon arrives and you're all sitting at your table.

Everyone's eating and laughing and talking, and all of a sudden it creeps up again. You feel yourself start to dissociate as a coldness takes hold of your fingers and your heart starts to pound. The noise of the boys' voices and the hubbub of the busy restaurant fade out completely as you become tangled in your thoughts.

"Y/N?" A hand gently shakes your shoulder, jolting you back to reality. You catch Yoongi's eye across the table. It's like he's staring straight into the ice that has formed inside your chest.

You drop your gaze from his, shaking your head. You look at the boys, and stand up from the table. "I have to go." You duck your head, heading for the restroom. Once you're inside, you take a deep breath and look at yourself in the mirror. "Relax, relax," you murmur. "You don't even know why you're feeling like this, so stop. Just enjoy the night. Relax."

After a few more minutes of trying to will yourself to calm down, you leave the restroom. You're startled to find the boys all waiting for you outside. "Hey." You smile. "What's up?"

"Y/N, are you alright?" Namjoon asks.

"I'm fine, why?" You look at the boys' concerned expressions and your heart skips a beat. "What's wrong?"

"You were spaced out, and then you stood up so abruptly," Yoongi says. "I got worried. These guys followed me like ducklings."

"I'm sorry," you murmur. "Honestly, I've been having an off day. I've been stuck in my head, but it's fine. We're celebrating Namjoon. Let's go back to the table."

"Actually," Joonie hums. "I'd much rather we all go back home and hang out there. You guys stay here; I'll handle everything." A few minutes later, Namjoon returns with plastic bags filled with boxes of leftovers. He leads you all outside. "Let's meet at my house."

The Maknaes pile into your car, with Taehyung sliding into the driver's seat. Jungkook holds your hand as Jimin rests his head on your shoulder. These touches comfort you, and you lean into them. Jimin quietly sings, and Jungkook joins in with perfect harmony. Their sweet voices lift your spirits and fill your eyes with tears.

Once you arrive at Namjoon's, Jimin takes the cake you brought from its spot in your car and carries it inside.

The eight of you spend the rest of the evening watching movies and eating snacks and your leftovers from dinner. When it's time to sing happy birthday, Jin brings your cake into the living room as the boys begin to sing. Namjoon takes the first bite, and grins as he hums happily. "It's delicious!"

The boys hand out slices of cake, all complimenting you on its presentation and flavor. "It's so moist!" Hobi smiles. "You did a good job, Y/N."

"Joonie." You draw your knees up to your chin.

Namjoon looks over at you as he chews a bite of cake. "Mm?"

"I'm sorry we had to leave early because of—"

"No!" The boys are quick to reassure you. "It's more fun like this! It's okay."

"It really is fine, Y/N," Namjoon says. "You're an important person to me. As long as we're all together it doesn't matter what we do."

"We'll always be here for each other." Jin smiles at his members.

"And for you, too," Yoongi adds.

"Forever."

There's so much love in the room that you feel yourself start to tear up again. The boys wrap you up in a warm group hug that feels almost second-nature.

You know that no matter what worries come into your head, you can always lean on your friends. Everything will be okay.

I've been feeling kinda off, myself; so I decided to write this little piece. Happy belated birthday to our lovely Leader! ❤️❤️