1. In line

The clouds were thick, a small drizzle made the cold deeper, Renjun was freezing trembling despite his warm jacket.

"We will turn into penguins before they'll hear us," whispered Chenle his best friend.

"So go home," muttered a girl their age who was standing in line in front of them assisted by her five friends.

"Go ahead!" said Chenle turning around but the line of people behind them seemed to have no end.

Renjun jumped up to see that the main door opened slightly and about fifty people were let in, the crowd moved a bit closer to the skyscraper.

"Are you sure they will hear all of us?" asked Chenle quietly.

"Definitely," muttered Renjun.

Jae wouldn't allow his people just abandon any of the participants that came here to audition, Renjun was pretty sure about it, but Jae also wasn't in the jury for the pre-castings, as Renjun knew. He was happy about it he hoped Jae will never find out.

The door opened again and a bigger crowd was left in so they were the next in line. The girl in front of them started to fix her hair.

She had spend the last hour talking about all the song festivals and vocal competitions she had won driving him and Chenle insane. Renjun was really happy when they were finally let inside and he could go to a different corner far away from her.

Chenle stopped in the next line to the counter where the contestants where given forms.

They had left school illegally to sneak here, he hoped Jae won't be called about it, Chenle had written an excuse paper for him he was brilliant when it came to forging signatures.

Renjun stopped next to a radiator trying to warm up but the cold was so deeply inside him it didn't want to leave just so.

"Here," Chenle walked to him with the forms and pens, they sat down on the floor filling them in.

"Quick write the parental allowance for me," whispered Renjun pulling a piece of paper out of his math notebook.

Chenle smiled wider scribbling it down quickly then placed a fake signature underneath it.

"They still might call your parents and ask if you're allowed to be here," said Chenle taking a piece of paper out of his school bag.

Renjun shivered, what if they will do? He leaned above his form, the 'parent/guardian number' field was still empty and he hesitated a moment before he underlined the word 'guardian' then wrote Sicheng's number in.

Yes if there was someone who could understand it was his brother Sicheng, he strongly hoped for it.

"Guardian?" asked Chenle reading over his paper while Renjun's heart started to beat faster.

"I gave in a friend's number in case they will call," he whispered jumping up.

"What if you make it to the life shows?" asked Chenle.

"I'll bother then," he said feeling something strange inside him.

He always considered Jae and Taeyong as parents but they weren't his real parents. They were just to crazy in love young men who had adopted him eight years ago. Still they felt like parents, because they had given him all their love and care.

Yet there was this empty spot inside him reserved for his real parents only, the ones he will never ever met, whose faces he couldn't even remember.

"Boy are you participating?" asked a lady raising her voice so he moved to the counter placing the papers on it.

She eyed him up reading the allowance Chenle had written for him.

"How old are you?" she asked.

"Fourteen in three months," he whispered.

"So sorry boy no one under fifteen is let in without at lest one legal guardian with him," she shook her head.

He felt ice inside him.

"You, you can call and ask," he said pointing at the paper.

"Ok, but step aside, next one!" she said taking her phone out dialing Sicheng's number when his heart gone crazy.

"Hi, I'm calling form the SJ Music audition front desk, am I speaking to Huang Renjun's guardian?" she asked while Renjun felt he will die, definitely.

A long silence fell and he couldn't hear Sicheng's answer.

"Yes he's here for the audition, but no one under fifteen will be let in without the legal guardian showing up," she said. "Yhym, yes, yes, ok, see you," she ended the call then turned to him. "Your father said you have to wait, he will be here up to fifteen minutes," she said when Chenle stopped next to him.

"Can I go in on your father's account too?" asked Chenle.

"We will see," Renjun moved to a corner taking an empty chair.

He saw how the girl that had annoyed them so much got her number then smiled to her mum who came to assist her, both disappeared in the long corridor.

The time seemed endless when they were sitting there Renjun's heart getting weak.

Soon a backdoor opened and he saw Sicheng hurrying in, his hair in a mess, he scanned the room then noticed him and hurried this way.

"Hi," said Renjun with his head down.

"Is this your father?" asked Chenle.

"No my brother," muttered Renjun.

"Renjun come for a second," said Sicheng grabbing his sleeve pulling him through the corridor to a room a security opened for them, both stopping in an empty dance class, Sicheng slammed the door shut.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I wanted to audition," whispered Renjun feeling his breath stopping in his lungs.

"Does Jae know?" asked Sicheng.

"No," Renjun lowered his head more.

"And Taeyong?"

"No," Renjun shook his head.

"Can't you talk with them about it?"

"No! I know they will say it's noting for me this world is bad it will hurt me and stuff but it's my dream I want to become a singer!" said Renjun looking up at Sicheng.

Sicheng rubbed hie face with his hands Renjun saw how hard he was struggling with himself.

"Jae will kill Sicheng," he muttered.

Thank you so much for checking out this book also welcome back to all the readers who had been here from book 1 ☺️

How do you like the story so far? What do you think about Renjun's decision to go to the casting show but never tell Jaeyong?

Also are you still alive after Regular Dream and Irregular Office😅😅😍?

Much <3