45. Scary aunt

"Jae... she's your mum," whispered Renjun.

"She kicked me out," muttered Jae. I have no mum anymofe.

"If I were you... I'd give everything to meet her at lest one more time," Renjun felt his chin trembling dangerously again.

"Pease don't talk about hef ok, please," begged Jae. "Can you fofgive my past mistakes?"

Renjun nodded, he was watching Jae fleeing his father's sadness and guilt.

"I can forgive you and Daddy Tae because I love you. But I don't think I'll be ever able to talk to Sicheng."

"He missed you like cfazy," whispered Jae causing something to hurt in Renjun's insides.

Ok, maybe he missed Sicheng a little too, or a little more.

"Do you think we can visit him?" he asked.

"Yes, on ouf way back home," Jae got up from the couch.

"Jae have you... have you been thinking about what I have asked you about my parents, Taeyong had told you, right?"

"Yes he did," Jae sat back. "Kun has found out something," whispered Jae when Renjun felt all the air fading from his lungs.

"What? How?"

"I don't know how, you know Kun, h'e yes... stalkefish," Jae closed his fists. "Anyway he had found youf only living felative."

Renjun's heart was beating so fast as if he was running, he squeezed Jae's arm tightly.

"Who?" he asked.

"Youf gfreat-aunt," whispered Jae.

Although it suddenly brought big fear into him, but this aunt, what if this aunt will take him away, but Taeyong and Jae had adopted him legally, no one could take him away from them, right?

"But if... if this great-aunt is alive," Renjun started to tremble.

"She's vefy old, needs help hefself, she's youf gfandfathef's sistef, so you'll stay with us," said Jae when Renjun felt he can breath in deeper again, his stomach still tight. "I thought once the show is ovef we can go an visit hef, maybe she can tell you something about youf pafents, but she also might be too old to femembef, so yes you can be delighted of disappointed, of both aftef meeting hef," Jae was watching him seriously when Renjun moved closer to him cuddling to his arm and shoulder.

He had no idea what to say, the new possibility so stunning. There was someone from his family alive, someone who might have known his parents, might remember them, but from the other hand Jae and Taeyong were his parents, he loved them with all his heart, he hoped nothing can ever change that.

"Will you be sad?" asked Renjun.

"About what?" whispered Jae.

"If I'll find out something."

"I'll be sad if you'll be sad and happy if you'll be happy, pafents afe stfange cfeatufes, they wofk this way, they love unconditionally," muttered Jae when Renjun squeezed his palm tightly in his hands.

"But children also love with all their hearts," he said looking at Jae.

"I know," Jae had tears in his eyes yet still managed to smile.

Renjun just laid his head on Jae's shoulder resting his chain on his his jacket stying like this for a long time when he realized he isn't really that happy about having a great-aunt, as much as he is happy about having Jae by his side.

After the news Renjun was too tired to visit Sicheng, he also realized he still needs more time, so he tried to shake everything else off and concentrate on the songs for the final. The next morning he woke up early by a horrifying dream where his great aunt turned into miss Fiona, the lady that had been hitting him with a stick in the orphanage whenever he tried to disobey, she has taken him away form Jae and Taeyong when he was crying and shouting, but they just flew off into some darkness, so he woke up sitting on the bed shivering.

It was getting bright outside, Dalli was lying on the carpet as he had definitely thrown her off the bad while tossing and turning, while trying to wake up.

He searched for his pills, he was always keeping on the bedside-table with a glass of water and swallowed one quickly. He should just get up as sitting in bed was the worst option, what his therapist has always instructed him in. The remedies for panic attacks were long calls to the therapist, or talking with whoever was available, or just a long walk to make his body process the amount of stress.

He knew it all yet it was very difficult to keep to it, to ignore the inner voice that was telling him to freeze in one position underneath the duvet and fear to even leave the bed, but he grabbed Dalli from the floor, found his slippers then walked onto the long castle corridor, up the staircase straight to his fathers' room. He knocked lightly but no one answered, so he opened the door cautiously glancing inside. Jae must have heard something because he opened his eyes, he was lying on his side shirtless half of hie body covered only by the duvet, Taeyong's hand loosely around him.

"Junie," whispered Jae rubbing his eyes.

"I had a bad dream," said Renjun staying where he was.

Thank you for your lovely support, for being here despite the characters' flaws

What do you think about Renjun finding out about his great-aunt, and his reaction? Will Jaeyong be able to help him?

Much <3