20. Don't forget the past

"Junie," Lauren walked in, she still had blushes on her face when she sat on the edge of his mattress. "I head about your casing show, I wish you luck in it, even if it's not right to lie to Jae, but I hope you'll figure it out," she caressed his hair when he turned her way.

"I can't tell him," muttered Renjun.

"Yes Sicheng will come for you in the morning," her face became colder. "So how is he?" she asked wheel Renjun watch her suddenly so sad face.

"Sicheng?" he asked.

"No, Yuta," muttered Lauren.

"Oh he's fine I guess," Renjun felt so awkward, why was she asking about him.

"Are he and Sicheng... is his relationship stable is it... will it last?" she bit her lip some tears glittered in the corners of her eyes.

"I think they are very in love like Daddy Tae and Jae," muttered Renjun feeling something unpleasant in his stomach he couldn't even understand or describe.

"I'm sorry go to sleep my Junie," Lauren caressed his palm when he closed his eyes.

"Can you sing for me?" he asked.

"I can't sing," she whispered.

"Please," he begged.

Lauren sighed, but soon her quiet voice filled the space of the bedroom, her warm hand gave him some odd feeling of safety that reminded him of something he couldn't catch into any image or word.

"Goodnight my Junie," whispered Lauren when he felt his eyelids becoming very heavy.

"Goodnight mom," he whispered before everything faded into a safe darkness.

They were eating a quick breakfast, Jungwoo was cooking some meatballs in a pan while Renjun helped Lauren to prepare the main dish.

"Honey they're burning already," Lauren grabbed the chopsticks to turn the meatballs in Jungwoo's pan. She shook her head.

"Is it wrong?" asked the boy smiling brightly.

"No no you're doing great," she tried to be calm but her hand was trembling.

"Where's Kun?" asked Renjun as the boy was nowhere to find.

"He needed to set off early," muttered Lauren miserably. "Can you help Jungwoo to not to burn them into coals," she begged so Renjun slipped next to the boy.

Taeyong and Jae were great cooks so they had taught him how to prepare a lot of delicious dishes, it came in hand especially when he was staying with Sichang and Yuta for longer as living on Yuta's kitchen only could be too much.

"See if they're becoming very dark it means you have to turn them around or lower the heat," said Renjun when the boy nodded.

"Lauren are there only three meatballs? "he asked turning to her.

"There are three of us?" she shook her head.

Renjun glanced at the whole bowl of meat that was still standing on the counter. Jungwoo had put all the spices inside but made only three little pieces he was frying now.

Renjun guessed he will never get it, maybe he should read a little bit about this disease to understand Jungwoo's world better.

He needed to turn the heat off for Jungwoo who hurried to lay the table putting each little meatball on a separate plate, placing a fresh flower right next to it then smiling brighter.

"It's ready," he said.

"You need to try it first," whispered Lauren to Renjun. "And even if it will taste like ground from the flowerpot pretend it's tasty," she sighed sending Jungwoo a tried smile.

Renjun sat down, he saw Jungwoo's hopeful gaze on him so he placed the meatball in his mouth, he began to chew on it. It was definitely way too burned, Lauren was right with the flowerpot ground taste. She was beginning to swallow her one too taking sips of juice right after it.

Jungwoo was staring at them both impatiently so Renjun smiled giving him thumbs up, the boy clapped.

Fortunately the doorbell rang and Lauren jumped up to open. Renjun listened but no one spoke a thing, a moment later Sicheng fell into the kitchen, his cheeks red when Jungwoo jumped from his chair hiding behind the long back door curtain.

"Hi Junie, are you good to go?" asked Sicheng.

Lauren was watching him with anger when Sicheng became very red.

"Yes," Renjun drank the hot tea to get rid of the strange taste the meatballs left.

"Great, take your things," Sichang tapped hie fingers against the chair.

Renjun hurried for the bag he had left in the living room. He returned to the kitchen stopping next to Lauren when took him in her arms.

"Take care and let me know how it went," she said kissing the top of his head.

"Ok," he said turning to the curtain where he saw only Jungwoo's eyes staring at him.

"Bye Jungwoo," said Renjun waving when the boy waved to him.

Renjun hoped Lauren will be ok home alone with the strange boy, he walked out behind Sicheng who grabbed his bag hurrying to the car.

He was still red when Renjun jumped on the passenger's seat.

"It's so hard," whispered Renjun fastening the seatbelt.

"What?" asked Sicheng.

"Everyone hates everyone," muttered the boy.

"No it's not... her and Yuta," Sicheng pressed the gas angrily when the car jumped a bit.

Renjun decided to leave the subject so he just concentrated on the road.

He had no idea about all the reasons behind the hate, he only knew Lauren had a crush on Yuta once, or more he has never found out.

Thank you for all your amazing feedback and love. What do you think about the chapter? What about Lauren asking Renjun about Yuta, her and Suche meeting after years? What will happen during the next phase of the auditions? Also don't worry there will be some Jaeyong pretty soon.

Much <3