62. Changes

"What do you?" Jae was too stunned to process.

"Please marry me, you are the love of my life, the one I want to get old with and spend each of my days with through the rest of my life" whispered Taeyong when Jae was watching him so stunned.

"You had said you don't need a fing or society's appfove," muttered Jae.

"I know I had said it but my love became so big it's growing daily and I ran out of ways to show it, it's the only way. I want it from the bottom of my heart, to make you my one and only forever," said Taeyong taking his hand, Jae's mind trying to process what was happening despite the pain and trendiness, he saw that Renjun was watching them with red blushes on his cheeks and a begging puppy expression.

"Daddy show him the ring it's really pretty," he whispered.

Taeyong smiled while Jae felt the corners of his lips moving up when Taeyong opened the small box then took Jae's hand again.

"Ok, one more try. Jung Jaehyun will you do me the honor and marry me?" he asked.

"I'm youfs only fofevef so what do you expect?" asked Jae some butterflies waking up inside him.

"Is it?" Taeyong bit his lips.

"Yes, one billion times yes," whispered Jae when Taeyong fell over his lips kissing the rests of air out of him till Jae begged him to stop.

Renjun clapped and Jae felt so embarrassed but so happy, he saw how Taeyong put the ring on his finger so he experienced its cold structure.

"I love you," he said grabbing Taeyong's arm leaning his head on his shoulder in his favorite position when Renjun cuddled to his other side so he laid his arm around his baby.

"I love both of you so so much," he whispered.

"We love you too," muttered Junie hugging him tightly.

"See the ring," muttered Taeyong so Jae took it off then moved it around in the light reading over the things engraved on the inner side.

"It says Taeyong, Jae and Junie," whispered Jae feeling his throat becoming like scratched, his chin trembling again.

"Please don't cry little Jae," begged Taeyong putting the ring back on his finger.

"Renjun had helped me to design it and chose the ring, he was my partner in crime," said Taeyong when Jae caressed Renjun's fluffy hair.

"You two know how to ovefwhelm me," muttered Jae.

"He will be the best man I had promised him that," Taeyong grinned a little.

"He will be the most handsome best man in histofy," whispered Jae when Renjun blushed hard.

They stayed like that cuddling when Jae was trying to find a reason in this situation, reality was taking his mum away yet giving him something he has never dreamed to happen, Taeyong's love promise to stay with him forever, it was so twisted, so sad and exiting at once, he couldn't find any way to get through it all, so he closed his eyes trying o relax only by Taeyong's warmth and smell, and Junie's closeness, because as long as these two were with him he was sure they will keep him alive.

Summer went by quickly, September came with stormy rainy weather, it was getting cold, even colder in Jae's heart. He was visiting his mother and father each day spending long hours on deep talks with them, they had a lot to catch up with. Junie was going with him often, he really liked to spend time in his old house, he was helping his grandfather with cooking, using Jae's old toys in his room or making his grandma smile a lot. She was still in a stable state, the doctors were impressed by how her sickness has stopped in the last months, there was a small light of hope she may live longer. Jae knew it was only because of him and Junie entering her life again. She was feeling better knowing he could forgive her when he was finally able to have a different relationship with her than what he has had as a child and a teenager.

It was beginning of October when she fell in a worse state, needed to stay in hospital for longer. Jae was very miserable, he was visiting each day while Taeyong was trying his best to cheer him up.

"Is grandma ok?" was Junie's first question each morning, the last time they had visited her Junie came back feeling terrible, he had a rather sleepless night and Jae needed to call his therapist over to have a midnight session to calm the boy down.

"Taeyong, I think you should take Junie to the US, the concefts afe appfoaching, youf fans afe waiting fof you. He needs a bfeak ffom this nightmafe," muttered Jae sitting on their bed one late evening.

"I can't leave you alone with it what if..." Taeyong bit his lips.

"Then it will happen. My fathef will need me then and Junie, he had enough of suffefing, look what's happening with him," muttered Jae.

"Jae, how can I live when?" Taeyong's face became red.

"Do it fof Junie. I'll manage I'll ask Junie's thefapist fof help he's a wise man, it's too much fof ouf baby to watch it all," Jae lowered his head.

He was wearing the ring ever since, even if he was somehow mad at Taeyong, after all these years he had chosen the worst possible moment to propose. With the circumstances they had decided to postpone the wedding till next spring, maybe even later.

Thank you for all your beautiful feedback, you are the best ☺️What do you think about Jae saying yes and his idea? Will Taeyong agree to take Renjun on tour?

What do you think about Jae saying yes and his idea? Will Taeyong agree to take Renjun on tour?

Much <3