31. Song

"Yes I... almost fell off my chaif, yes, I'm vefy cufious about his peffofmance," he said trying to stay calm.

"So the stage is yours," said the MC pushing Renjun towards the middle of it while Jae felt panic overtaking him.

"Junie good luck, ok!" he said causing the boy to turn his way, his glittering eyes filling with hope.

Renjun tottered into the middle of the stage when the lights went low, Jae began to bite his nails, he was so stressed, he had to be mad, mad at Renjun and Sicheng, and Lauren, and all of them, but he was only super stressed because his son was standing there, performing. What if he will sing badly, or won't be able to sing at all. The music came and Jae began to bite his nails more till Renjun's soft voice filled the room.

He was singing a very touching song about lost love and fairy tales, the blue light circling around him making him look dreamy, out of this word in his bright green elegant shirt, and big bow tie, Jae felt tears leaving the corners of his eyes. He has never wanted Junie to suffer the pubic life, to do what him and Taeyong did, yet his son was standing there being as amazing as Taeyong whenever he performed.

Jae felt a handkerchief was pressed into his hand from Amanda's side, so he took it trying to wash his tears off quickly so Junie won't see. The performance ended and he clapped excitedly, he saw Renjun walking back to the MC all scared, he wasn't looking at him facing the floor.

"How do you feel?" asked the MC.

"Stressed," whispered Renjun.

"But it was great, what do you think? Let's ask the jury for opinions," the lights fell on the jury table so Jae began to sweat.

"Amanda," he muttered.

"Oh it was so lovely, your voice is so soft and beautiful, you have something magical in yourself Renjun, you can touch hearts deeply. Jae here was tearing up the whole time," she giggled.

Renjun look up, their eyes met briefly.

"Jae were you crying?" asked the MC.

"Ah it's just, it was touching," he said.

"Isn't he cute, could be your son," giggled Amanda.

"Enough, let's listen to the othef jufy membefs," said Jae seriously.

He watched how they gave Renjun positive opinions then the boy disappeared backstage.

"Bfeak! Bfeak!" Jae shouted to the producer turning in his chair.

"We will be back shorty with Zhong Chenle and Diasy Kim," said the MC when Jae waited for the sign they're not live anymore then jumped from his chair running backstage.

"Junie! Junie!" he shouted hurrying between the high lams stands and sound systems, he saw the boy stopping in the narrow corridor, Renjun was crying watching him with fear.

"Jae I'm so sorry! Jae please don't be mad," he cried more. "Are you mad?"

Jae ran to him closing him in his arms cuddling him tightly caressing the boy's hair and face washing his tears off with his thumbs.

"Junie I... just fock the show ok, I'm pfoud of you, always pfoud of you, femembef," he lifted the boy's small face in his hands looking him in the eyes.

Renjun nodded.

"I love you ok, I need to go, will come aftef the show to talk. Love you so so much," he kissed Renjun's forehead then ran back when the stuff was hurrying him up.

He fell on the chair a second before they went on air turning around to catch Taeyong's worried gaze, yes they both knew this will be a huge challenge for their family and their little Junie, especially if someone will find out.

The last two performances were way too good, but Renjun couldn't care less, he was sitting there backstage sunken in the couch next to Jeno hugging a pillow unable to grasp what has just happened. He had expected everything from Jae, from yelling to any possible negative reaction, he had been prepared for it, what he wasn't prepared for was for his father to react with so much love, so much kindness. He wished nothing more then the live show to end, for him to go to Jae and hug him tightly like back then when he was little, just cuddle till he will feel ok again, but the stuff was counting the viewers votes and Daisy was making everyone frustrated telling them she will win the voting. Chenle entered the room, he was out of breath his hair sticking in all directions despite the stylist struggles to taim it, he looked towards Renjun while his face turned deeply rad. He lowered his head stopping in the opposite corner, the atmosphere was becoming more and more tense with any second. The candidates were all sitting at the edges of their chairs when the MC came to ask them all on stage. Renjun walked out with the pillow, he shouldn't have had but there was no way back now when he stepped in Jeno's shadow. The jury came, Jae looked very stressed, he told something to the cameraman who told it to the MC, the man nodded.

He began to read out the votes revealing the places from number 8 who happened to be Jeno. The boy seemed very relieved when he was the first one to stop on the winners side of the stage. Soon others joined the stage making the elimination even more stressful, Renjun cuddled more into the pillow.

 Soon others joined the stage making the elimination even more stressful, Renjun cuddled more into the pillow

Thank you for your beautiful support, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think about Jae's reaction? What about Renjun's worries? How will they deal with what happened? Will Renjun make it to the next round?

Much <3