44. Best friend

"I believe it was the best peffofmance of the night but... yes I guess, I can't be dispassionate in that case," Jae blushed.

The audience laughed while Renjun lowered his head.

Yes, Jae was right they could have been the worst he still would find them the best.

"No, feally, amazing job," Jae gave them thumbs up again.

The were praised by the other jury members too, then left backstage, the moment they were freed of the cameras Renjun began to jump up from happiness squeezing to Taeyong's arm.

"It was so cool I've never had such a feeling on stage. Daddy Tae, even if I'll be kicked out could we perform together during your next world tour?" asked Renjun with hope.

"I'll think about it," Taeyong chuckled.

He let go of Renjun's hand when the boy joined Daisy and Jeno in the waiting room.

Jeno wasn't in the mood at all, he was telling Renjun he will leave the show today and Renjun didn't want to hear about it, as the boy became one of his best friends.

"Daisy should leave," he whispered leaning to Jeno's ear but the boy stayed quiet.

They were watching Chenle's performance that turned out great, soon it was Daisy's turn, she had a duo with a jazz singer from a few decades ago, who was a living legend.

"Why is she so good?" complained Chenle when the three were watching her backstage.

"Who knows," Renjun became miserable again.

Couldn't Daisy make a mistake and leave the show, really, she deserved it, not because she wasn't talented, just because of being a bad person.

It was a very had time to wait for the team to count the audience's votes but way too soon all four were on stage, Renjun could looks at Jae only as yes, Jae was pale, but his eyes were giving him confidence.

He was squeezing Jeno and Chenle's hands totally hoping none of them will leave.

"The first candidate to make it to the final is Daisy Kim!" said the MC when the audience applauded and Renjun's heart sunk, it meant one of them needed to leave, he felt tears storming to his eyes.

"Don't cry it will be me," whispered Jeno hugging him.

"No," Renjun shook his head.

"The third place in the voting goes to Zhong Chenle!" said the man when the boy hugged them briefly, he was stunned.

"It will be you," whispered Jeno all the time when the man was reading the numbers.

"First place with 1 million 7 thousand votes goes to... Hunag Renjun!" shouted the man when the room exploded with applause.

"Congrats," whispered Jeno hugging his tightly when Renjun started to sob loudly.

No he couldn't loose Jeno, as Jeno was there for him when all the others had bullied him, but it was so.

Jeno let go of him when Chenle ran to him trying to comfort him, Daisy was clapping in a rather unhappy way.

He saw her eyes, she had been first all those weeks, but now he has defended her, that meant revenge, he knew it all to good and a clod shiver ran down his spine, but everyone was just congratulating.

It became so quiet, Jeno had packed his clothes then left with his parents who had come to pick him up, he said they will message each other and stay in touch but Renjun was heartbroken. He saw Chenle running to his parent's car leaving the contents hose, Daisy had been picked up two hours ago but Jae and Taeyong were definitely busy with interviews after the show so he was sitting on the couch in the living room under a blanket hugging Dalli tighter to get over his tears but new came.

He saw a car light through the huge windows, soon the door opened.

"Junie?" he heard Jae's warm voice. "Junie hey, don't cfy," Jae came to him sitting on the couch lying his arms around him, so Renjun cuddled into his chest.

"I know how impoftant Jeno was fof you in this place, but you'll definitely stay ffiends," whispered Jae. "It's like with me Taeil and Doyoung."

Renjun nodded, he used his sleeve to wash the tears off.

"Can we go home?" asked Jae.

"Where's daddy Tae?" asked Renjun.

"Handling the pfess as always," Jae sighed.

"Why have you done it with Sicheng?" asked Renjun so suddenly he was shocked himself, Jae's arm fell loose around him.

"As I had said I as mad at Taeyong, heaftbfoken, he and Taeill, they had kissed on a pafty I had come in and saw," Jae shivered.

"What!" Renjun opened his mouth then closed it again.

"Taeyong said they whefe on dfugs, someone had given to theif dfinks, but he still enjoyed it I guess, he also tfied to hide it ffom me. I tfied to fofgive him but I couldn't, it was... it was too much, he had done a few other things wfongly befofe it and I just couldn't anymore, and Yuta had come back to Laufen, Yuta and Lufen wefe in love fof ages.""

"Wow!" Renjun suddenly understood why Lauren was always asking him about Sicheng and Yuat's relationship when he was staying at hers.

"He was as mad as I was and then he met me in a wine basement on this pafty and he simply kissed me and I kissed back. I hated myself fof it, but I couldn't stop thinking about it, this was the time the the company tefminated my contfact, put me in a band, I was mad at evefyone, it was all falling apart and Sicheng was thefe, he felt like the only safe place and I just... I shouldn't have, but I had thought him and Yuta had done it ages ago, if I knew it was his fifst time I'd nevef, but I did it and I can't tufn back time. We were dating for ovef five months, made SJ Music togethef, it wasn't a bad time as Sicheng is a lovely pefson but I loved Taeyong... Taeyong he, he finally came back then, he finally stafted to fight, to cafe how he should have had ffom the beginning, and yes, he was so cfazy. He payed the half million debt my beginnef company had, kidnapped me fof a tfip to Tokyo with hie pfivate jet, wfote 'King Jae' fof me that night, went to talk to my mum and she wanted to contact me then but I nevef did..." Jae took a loud breath.

Thank you for your amazing feedback and all the answers to my question, they were really interesting

So what do you think about Renjun's reaction after Jeno leaving the show and Jae's explanation? Will Renjun forgive Jae?

Much <3