75. Glittering rain

"Jump in," she smiled so he did although he shouldn't, they were total strangers.

But it was way warmer in the car and it wasn't raining on him, he was still frozen.

"You're Renjun right?" she asked turning to him. "I've watched 'The new light'," she said smiling.

"Um yes," he whispered.

"So where do you want to go?" asked the young man who was driving.

"DL Records, I need to meet a friend there," muttered Renjun.

He couldn't go to Sicheng, it was too obvious, Chenle's parents would call Jae and Taeyong immediately, but Jeno might be an option.

"Ok, we can do it," said the girl.

"It's far from our destination," complained the man.

"Come on, look at him we can't just leave him out in this heavy rain," she said

The man seemed unhappy but nodded turning the heating up.

"Junie afe you hefe?" asked Jae spotting the boy's door open.

He had managed to calm Taeyong down somehow, now he came to ask Renjun if he will join them for supper.

But Renjun's room was empty, so he began to search his bathroom and the wardrobe.

"Taeyong have you seen Junie?" he asked when Taeyong joined him.

"No?"

"Calm down," whispered Jae running to the next room.

They began to shout Renjun's name searching the floors up and down. The castle was so big, but Junie was nowhere to see. Jae suddenly became very very anxious running out checking the garden till Taeyong shouted.

Jae ran through the lawn to join him, Taeyong was holding an umbrella and a torch while he was staring at the front gate that hasn't been fully closed when Jae felt all hair raising up on his body.

"No," he whispered.

Taeyong was super pale, both looking at each other realizing Renjun had probably overheard their argument.

Jae grabbed the torch running out into the forest road tripping in the mud to see small footprints that made his heart race from fear.

"I'm checking the bus stop, call everyone you can and the police!" shouted Taeyong sprinting into the darkness when Jae stayed feeling the heavy rain hitting him, his heart like robbed off all feelings apart from fear, Renjun was somewhere out there and he had no idea where to find him.

"DL Records it's here," the girl smiled again when Renjun saw the so known building in front of him. He thanked the two hesitating a moment before opening the door, walking back into the heavy rain. It hit him hard, he has dried just a little, but the second meeting with the furious shower from the sky seemed more icy.

He saw the car driving into the crowded street, some fans wee standing in front of the building definitely waiting for their favorite celebrities to come out. Renjun regretted he had left his phone at home, so he couldn't call Jeno to meet him. He couldn't go in, the workers knew him, they will call Taeyong, so he walked around the building till he reached a closed back door with a little roof like space above it. He hid underneath it shivering trying to cover himself from the rain at least a little, hoping the party will end soon, but how could he find Jeno here. He felt so shuttered, so cold, alone and hungry, running out of solutions but he didn't want to see Taeyong ever again. So he was standing there trying to get over the shivers when a car lit up the small street. Renjun moved even deeper into the door fame pressing his body to the cold metal surface when the car was diving along the street slowly, it was a brand new black sports car with lights making the navy lines of rain water becoming glittering strings. It stopped so suddenly Renjun felt like running, but he stayed narrowing his eyes to make out something in the shower rain.

The driver opened the door then jumped out walking his way.

"Hi, are you bathing?" he asked with a very low voice.

Renjun raised his eyes open to see a young man in the giant lights of the car. He was tall and skinny wearing all back, his hair styled in a posh way, but now being ruined by the rain.

"I-I'm waiting," whispered Renjun.

"Do you need a ride?" asked the man.

"I..." Renjun shivered.

"You're Taeyong's son right?" asked the stranger.

"Yes," Renjun was too tired to deny it.

"I'm leaving this party," the man stopped at the pavement's edge. "It's way too boring so I'm going to a house party, wanna join?" he asked.

"Ok," whispered Renjun as anything was better than standing here, Jeno won't come anyway, so he walked towards the car then opened the door from the passenger's side.

"But I'm wet and this car is new," he said.

"That's not a big deal," the man simply jumped inside so Renjun did too.

He felt so cold the warmth inside wasn't really coming through to him, he was still trembling all the time sniffing a lot.

"You know what, we'll stop at mine on the way and I'll borrow you some dry clothes."

Renjun opened his mouth then closed it again, what could he say, that he would give a lot for dry clothes and a cup of warm tea.

Thank you so much for being here despite the characters' flaws. You can't imagine how important your support is for me.

So what do you think about Jaeyong finding out about his escape? Is Renjun doing the right thing to trust a total stranger? What will happen next?

Much <3