36. Ruin of replay

Soon all the candidates were sitting in a circle around Jae eating eagerly. They started to be less awkward towards him the more they were seeing him.

"How is youf day?" asked Jae.

Renjun admired how he always talked to the candidates like to old friends. He was so sweet to them all, of course, the most caring towards him.

Renjun moved closer to Jae on the floor watching him with love. Maybe Chenle was right, he had the coolest fathers in the world.

"What?" Jae glanced at him becoming red.

"Nothing," Renjun lowered his head.

The day when Jae stopped above his drawing in the orphanage became so vivid again. He had seen a lot of people before looking for children, but he never trusted them, with Jae it was something warm that opened up inside him the moment their eyes met. He knew Jae will protect him, he felt it.

He heard Chenle laughing about his own joke, Jeno began to tickle him what caused a series of dolphin squeals to ring the room.

Jared shook his head he always played it cool to show he's the oldest between the candidates.

"What about you Daisy how afe you dealing with youf populafity?" asked Jae turning to the girl when went completely red.

"Oh it's so surprising," she said putting the best smile on when Renjun, Jeno, and Chenle exchanged looks.

If anyone else had asked her, her answer would be - I'm the best here, so I'm obviously number one.

"You will get used to it if you need any advice on how to deal with the pfess I'm open to answef questions," muttered Jae still smiling.

Renjun waned to protest but he decided to leave it.

"Oh, this will be an honor!" Daisy blushed harder, her gaze falling on Renjun briefly.

"What about you Jafed, how is the oldest delaying with the kids?" asked Jae when Jared shook his head miserably.

"Not dealing at all, they're too mischievous," he smiled.

Soon they were all laughing loudly talking about very normal things when Renjun rested his head on Jae's lap listening to the conversation.

He was happy that Jae had visited them, that he was so caring and kind to all of them.

"Your father is so cool," muttered Jared when an hour later Jae left them and the choreographer came back.

"Yes he's amazing, you can talk to him like to an older brother you're lucky Renjun," said Mia when Renjun felt butterflies inside.

He was happy when the practice started as he never liked questions about his private life or Taeyong and Jae.

Two hours later they were ready and Renjun was walking down the corridor to the changing rooms when he heard Sicheng's voice.

He stopped turning around sneaking to the end of the corridor cautiously looking behind the corner to find Sicheng and Jae sanding there both looking rather stressed.

"...didn't want that treatment for Junie," said Sicheng crossing his hands.

"But it's all youf fault! Thefe was a fumouf today about Junie being ouf son! What do you think will happen when the pfess will find out!" yelled Jae.

"They won't ok, no one knows, no one apart from the candidates and they're bound to keep everything that's going on here a secret," said Sicheng trying to be calm.

"Renjun would say it was Daisy under a fake nickname," said Sicheng causing Renjun's stomach to flip.

"Nonsense, he accuses hef of evefything because he has a cfush on hef!" Jae raised his voice.

While Renjun wanted to shout that it's not true.

"Why are you tfying to fuin my life again?" asked Jae stepping closer raising his fists when Sicheng became all pale.

"When has Sicheng ever tried to ruin your life?" asked the boy in shock.

"When you kissed me in this ffeaking basement!" said Jae inhaling sharply.

Renjun felt his own legs becoming very light as if they weren't there at all.

"And who took Sicheng's virginity without even asking if Sicheng is... is..." tears suddenly left Sicheng's eyes. "You Jae, and Sicheng will nerve be able to forgive you..." Sicheng turned around looking straight at Renjun his eyes widening in pure horror. "Junie," he whispered.

"What!" Jae turned around, his face became so pale he could faint when Renjun turned around running back to the practice room his sight tears filled when he stopped the world was spinning.

"Junie!" Jae fell inside. "Junie it, it's past ok, vefy old past," whispered Jae.

 "Junie it, it's past ok, vefy old past," whispered Jae

Thank you for the lovely support, for being here.
What do you think about Renjun overhearing Jae and Sicheng's conversation? How will he react?

Much <3