57. The new light

Daisy broke our into uncontrolled sobs when Chenle was standing there awkwardly no sure what to do, whether be sad for his girlfriend or happy for himself.

A long moment the MC was talking to Daisy trying to convince her to stop crying but it was impossible, she left the stage running to her mum falling in her arms when Chenle made something between a grimace and a smile stretching his hand out to Renjun which he refused to take again.

"Ok, are your ready to meet SJ Music's next big superstar, let's have Mark Lee announce the winner!"

The crowd went wild when Mark came on stage in a freaky outfit, he was nervous when he opened the golden envelope, Renjun's heart almost leaving his chest from fear. Make it quick, please make it quick, he begged in his mind.

"The winner with 23 million votes is..." Mark made another nerve wrecking break. "Will be announced after the commercial break," Mark smiled in a naughty way causing Renjun and Chenle to scream in protest.

"This is so mean!" Renjun was really ready to kick Mark when he only smiled wider.

"The industry is nerve wrecking boys so this is just the start," Mark winked to them, when they were waiting Renjun focusing on breathing in and out.

"And we are back to announce the winer of 'The new light'," the MC was too happy when he was talking again.

"Ok I'm ready man," Mark grabbed the microphone tighter. "The winner of SJ Music's casting show, who will produce an album and sign a record deal is... with 23 million votes... give massive applause for... Zhong Chenle!" shouted Mark when a rain of confetti came from the ceiling and the MC started to hug a completely stunned Chenle.

Renjun was standing there not believing it, yes, he had lost, lost to Chenle, but he was second, still, he had lost. He saw Jae clapping managing to smile even if he was sad.

The jury came to them to congratulate and Jae gave Chenle a statute shaking his hand then walked to Renjun to hug him when the boy broke out into tears.

"It's ok, ok Junie, I'm vefy vefy pfoud of you," whispered Jae caressing his hair and back.

"I've lost," muttered Renjun.

"It's not the end of the wofld it's just a new beginning," Jae hugged him tighter, he was holding him the whole time when the MC was saying the last thank you's to the team, the contestants, the jury and the audience.

The live broadcast ended and the atmosphere loosened down, Renjun saw his friends and family running to him.

"Great Junie, you are amazing!" Sicheng cuddled him tickling his sides.

"Junie come here," Taeyong stretched his arm out and Renjun turned to him to hide his cried out face in his chest, he was cuddled a lot, everyone telling him encouraging words when Chenle was so happy running around the stage producing mad dolphin squeals then was posing with fans signing autographs and doing interviews.

"Come," Taeyong pulled Renjun backstage.

"One interview," said a man with a camera coming closer.

"Later, ok he needs to calm down," Taeyong pulled Renjun towards the changing rooms.

Sicheng followed them with Yuta and Jeno.

"It was great really, beings second is equally amazing," said Jeno coming to Renjun.

"I think so too, we can still record our collaboration song," Taeyong winked to Renjun who felt something heavy lifting of his stomach.

"Will I be able to go to the States with your and perform on your concert?" he asked.

"Maybe?" Taeyong smiled.

"Not maybe! Daddy please say I can!"

"Oh, ok," Taeyong sighed.

"And I'll be able to meet CiCi," Renjun felt a tingling in his stomach, he will meet his celebrity crush, as yes, Daisy was taken.

"Ok, ok," assured Taeyong so Renjun only cuddled more into him.

Two weeks have passed, the hype calmed down, Chenle's single was still number one in charts but Renjun pretended it never bothered him. They stopped talking again, as Chenle was still making out with Daisy sending her silly photos from school or showing the boys the big hickey on the left side of his neck proudly. Renjun was disgusted.

Taeyong was postponing his trip to the States what made Renjun even more angry and disappointed, he was hiding at Sicheng's drawing his present what was calming him down a lot.

It was Sunday, a lovely afternoon when Jae decided to take him and Jeno to theme park to make him less sad. They bought tickets then went in to watch all attractions, fairy tale creatures and movie characters were walking by. They took five rollercoasters, tried the moving cars and went through the ghost tunnel. Jeno was running forwards taking photos of everything when Jae had difficulties to keep their tempo.

"Come Jae!" Renjun stopped smiling to his father so Jae giggled.

"I'll buy some drinks and ice cream to cool off," he said walking to a stand when Renjun sighed.

Was Jae getting old, he hoped not.

"What now?" asked Jeno stopping in a long queue to the next rollercoaster ride.

"Jae's buying ice cream," said Renjun so Jeno leaned against a fence to wait.

Renjun began to make circles around the square as standing in one spot was bothering him much, he saw a few anime characters with Mickey Mouse when he felt a gaze at him. He turned around to see an elder couple standing a few meters from hime watching him with curiosity.

Maybe they had recognized him from the show, they really shouldn't he began to walk slower thinking bitterly.

Chenle has got the prize, the record deal and the girl, what has been obvious.

"Excuse me, you are Renjun right?" asked the lady coming closer when Renjun looked towards Jae who as talking to the stand seller.

"And?" he asked feeling uneasy.

"Stop! Let's go!" begged the man grabbing the lady's arm.

"No let me! I have to speak with him at lest once," she said moving towards him so Renjun stepped back. "Please don't be afraid of me Renjun, I just wanted to see you in person," she said.

"Who are you?" Renjun was glancing towards Jae who was still busy paying when Jeno was doping some stretching on the fence, really.

"I'm grandma," said the lady when he felt he will faint.

Thank you so much for all the feedback. You are the best.
What do you think about Chenle winning the show and Taeyong's promise to take Renjun on tour? What about Renjun's meeting with Jae's mum?

Also for everyone celebrating I wish you all Happy Easter 🐣

Much <3