85. Under the harbor above the stars

Renjun blushed, he concentrated on his workbook quickly. He was nearly done with homework and actually happy about it, he didn't need to worry Jae more with receiving bad grades. He tried his best to not to think about his father, about Taeyong, because it was so painful he could break out into tears here and now, but he didn't want to. Jaemin was way too nice and sweet to witness it.

"You can make a break for eating," whispered Jaemin pointing at the box on the table opening it, the nice smell making Renjun realize he had been starving.

He moved his books to the side grabbing the first slice, ah it reminded him about his first day with Jae, his first pizza, yes they had been able to deal, just the two of them back them, they could do now.

"What else do you need help in apart from homework?" asked Jaemin taking a chair next to him.

"It's ok," Renjun shrugged.

"If you or Jae would need any help feel free to ask I'll try my best."

"It's ok you don't need to pity me," muttered Renjun.

"I don't."

"So what is it?"

Jaemin only smiled to himself reaching for the next pizza slice.

They had finished homework then watched a funny movie, it was getting dark and Sicheng had called to ask where Renjun was, but he told him he'll stay with Chenle tonight. He was scared that Jaemin will tell him to leave but the boy only offered a walk to the harbor. The air as becoming chilly so Jaemin had borrowed him a designer jacket Renjun was very thankful for when they were taking a shortcut to the river bank. The stars were out, the air fresh but mixing with the city dust. The lights on the other side of the river were glittering when they came to a view point that was totally empty at this late hour. Renjun leaned against the barrier when Jaemin took a bench in some distance to him, they were staying in silence, a storm rolling over Renjun's mind.

"You're sad today," muttered Jaemin.

"No, I just..." Renjun clenched his hands into fists.

"She broke up with me two years ago if you want to know, if it bothers you. I've been single since," muttered Jaemin when Renjun's stomach made an unpleasant flip.

"She's pretty." he whispered.

"And? She was smarter than I had been, realizing it would have never ever worked, so she broke my heart leaving, but now from this perspective I'm thankful, she had saved us a lot of unnecessary drama," Jaemin was speaking with his head low.

"Why are you single?" asked Rnjun risking a glance towards him.

"I guess I'm afraid to give my love, to not to be heartbroken again. What about you? Have you had a relationship?"

Renjun felt these dark eyes at himself, so he concentrated on the river view.

"No I never..." he shook his head. "I had a crush on a girl, but she was horrible and started to date my best friend and..." his voice suddenly cracked.

He was biting his lips considering it hard, but why should he lie, Jaemin has been honest about his past.

"I met a guy in LA, a dancer, he was... I don't know, just different, exciting, I never felt anything like that before. I mean I'm Jae and Taeyong's son, but I never considered myself gay or anything, or bi, or... whatever, I just... I don't know anymore... we started to kind of flirt and touch a little and he... he tried to kiss me, but Daddy Tae came in and he left before it could have happened. Daddy Tae had ruined my only opportunity, the only one I'll ever have to have my first kiss, and then the boy wrote to him asking for a job here, but of course Taeyong refused. I ran away from home when I found out, so Daddy left us, because he was so mad, so disappointed with me, so disgusted. I'm disappointed and disgusted with myself too to be honest," said Renjun turning to Jaemin who got up walking to him, stopping so close.

"Never be Renjun, you have the right to love whoever you love. You had just a few crushes, it's ok if it hasn't worked out," muttered Jaemin.

"You speak like Jae."

"Jae is very wise sometimes," Jaemin giggled.

"Ah!" Renjun felt the butterflies returning so vividly, his throat dried.

"But you don't get it, it's all my fault and he is gone now and Jae is alone!" Renjun felt his chin trembling.

"He is an adult, he's responsible for his choices and his family, so it's not your fault, but his fault."

"No!"

"Yes Renjun, you know. Deep down inside you know you did nothing wrongly," Jaemin's voice was so clam, hie gaze so soft and understanding Renjun could melt.

"But he spoiled it all and I'll never have my first kiss!"

"Why do you think so?" asked Jaemin.

"Because... because," Renjun stuttered.

"Did you want to kiss that guy?" Jaemin was looking at him when Renjun felt something very strange inside.

"I don't know, no... not really," he muttered.

"You see, so Taeyong did the right thing to stop it, because you should want it with all your heart, to kiss the person, if you have doubts don't do it and wait for the moment when your body, heart and mind all tell you to do it."

"B-B..." Renjun couldn't form a proper sentence trembling from the cold, or wasn't it the cold just Jaemin's closeness, his deep warm voice, his kindness, the beautiful face, the chocolate eyes Renjun could drown in.

"You will know, one day when you'll meet the right person, because this feeling can't be beaten with anything, and then you'll just kiss him, h..."

Jaemin could never finish the sentence as Renjun suddenly jumped forward moving on his toe tips pressing his lips to his.

The world stopped, reality faded, there was just warmth, something so soft and golden filling him with extra light. His senses playing crazy, the storm lying down, just soft tasteless warmth, but a very very nice one. He moved back in shock covering his lips, his eyes widely open. What has he just done?

Jaemin was standing there equally shocked, his face all red, their eyes meeting, Renjun's heart beating with one milling different rhythms.

"That... I wasn't expecting this..." Jaemin took a long breath‚ he walked back to the bench sitting down lowering his head.

" Jaemin took a long breath‚ he walked back to the bench sitting down lowering his head

Thank you so much for the support and love. What do you think about the chapter, about Renjun finally speaking of his complicated feelings regarding Lucas and Taeyong leaving? What about his first kiss? What should Jaemin do?

Also BOOM is so great let's all support NCT Dream😍

Much <3