28. Alliance

"What's for supper?" asked Kun hanging his jacket in the hall then walking to Lauren kissing her for a long moment.

"There's nothing left, Jungwoo had finished it all," she shook her head.

"No worries I'll cook something for myself, I hope he had left the fridge," joked Kun pulling his around her kissing her neck and cheek.

"I hate you so much sometimes," muttered Lauren.

"I know," he winked to her then walked to the kitchen both kissing every few steps so Renjun returned to the couch in the living room.

What secrets were they keeping he shouldn't hear? He felt a cold shiver when he glanced at the chessboard to find all figures were replaced by flowers.

He glanced up at Jungwoo who smiled shyly.

"Ok let's give this in," muttered Renjun falling back on the pillows.

He was so tired, so so tired.

Daddy Tae when will you be back, he thought glancing at the ceiling.

The show dorm was a big house with a garden, very similar to the one where the boot camp had taken place in, but this one was closer to the city to make it easier to drive the candidates to the studios. There were double rooms, so when Renjun came all of the candidates were discussing who should live with whom. The girls said they won't room with boys and all left so the remanning boys looked his way.

"Ok, I'm just sleeping in there so I can room with Renjun," said Jeno suddenly.

"But!" stuttered Chenle.

"Ok, Chenle so you can room with me," muttered Jared taking his guitar up.

Renjun and Jeno's eyes met briefly, he had no idea what the boy was planning, but he couldn't find anything bad in his eyes.

Jeno smiled turning around then took his stuff upstairs so Renjun followed.

He walked in to find Jeno had already take the bed closer to the door.

He decided to follow the boy's words, it's just a room to sleep in, they don't need to be friends.

Yes, Jeno was kind of right as one hour later they were all driving to the practice studio where they had vocal and dance classes till late in the evening.

Renjun was so tried he went to sleep right away that day and so it continued, the days spent on hard work, the nights too short to get a proper rest, he stopped complaining about it all, it stopped bothering him, that no one is talking to him unless they have to, that he's eating all alone in the kitchen downstairs, that he's standing it all alone. Two nights from the first live show he was sitting next to the kitchen table, it was late, but he was loosing strength and wight, still he was chewing on the sandwiches not really about to swallow anything down.

"Oh it's you!" he heard someone that stopped in the door, he turned to see Jeno, the boy was wearing his pajamas.

"Yes it's me," Renjun shrugged.

Jeno rubbed his neck then walked to the fridge, he took a bottle of juice out.

He hesitated for a moment till he sat on a chair opposite to Renjun.

Renjun pretend he's not there concentrating on his plate.

"Listen, actually you're not so bad," muttered Jeno causing Renjun to look up. "Chenle had told the others that you are Jaehyun and Taeyong's son, I don't know if it's true, yes and that because your identity is hidden they thought it's the best way to make you famous, so you will win this program."

"That's what Chenle said?" asked Renjun perplexed.

"Yes, is it true?" asked Jeno lowering his voice.

"Answer it yourself," Renjun shrugged.

"Actually it doesn't make sense at all," whispered Jeno. "Why would they make you suffer so much an drag you through this show when Lee Taeyong could produce a hit single for you and everyone would listen to it just to see how he is, Jaeyong's son," said Jeno.

Renjun was staying quiet, was this another part of Chenle's master plan to humiliate him.

"Honestly why are you here?" asked Jeno.

"For the same reasons as you, I love to sing, I want to become a singer," said Renjun.

"But you have better opportunities," Jeno's jaw dropped.

Renjun just lowered his head.

"Unless... wow! So Jaehyun and Taeyong have no idea you're here, wow!" Jeno covered his mouth. "What do you think will happen in two days when Jaehyun will see you during the live show."

Renjun had no idea, how could he answer this question.

"I'm sorry. I mean, the others might think what the like but I'm not going to bully you because of who your parents are, you seem ok," Jeno smiled.

Renjun look at him scanning his face and eyes, but he couldn't find any lie again.

He nodded so Jeno walked to the fridge for some chocolate.

They started to eat and talk about normal stuff like bands and school when Renjun found out Jeno actually is a really cool guy.

Thank you for your love and support. I hope you enjoyed the chapter? What do you think about Renjun and Jeno bonding? What about Chenle's behavior?

Much <3