35. Can we be friends

"I want all the best for him, but he doesn't need to rush, you were freaking 17 when you had your first kiss," Taeyong giggled brushing Jae's lips with his when Jae pulled him closer till they fell on the bed making out madly, Taeyong on top of him. They were so lost in their fierce make out session that they only pulled back when the door banged. Jae felt his rushed heartbeat and dizzy head when he turned to see Renjun standing in the room watching them with widely opened eyes.

"Sorry, yes, let's go downstairs for breakfast," Taeyong moved from Jae, his cheeks as red as his hair. "Come Junie," he grabbed a hoodie putting it over himself quickly as he had been wearing jeans only.

Jae felt embarrassed but way too happy to care when he disappeared in the bathroom, he knew Taeyong was better with explaining things to Junie, so he hoped the awkwardness will be long gone when he will join them for breakfast.

The bell rang so the class spread out around the playground behind the school building. Renjun was the last one to leave, he hated school, even more since the casting show because he was constantly stalked by some girls or laughed at by the boys. Right now a group of five girls from a lower grade was watching him from the other side of the terrace giggling loud. He turned from them all embarrassed, so far they had never noticed his existence, but now when he appeared on TV, he has been voted third by the viewers, they were suddenly interested, while he was slowly settling with the thought he won't win the program.

At lest Taeyong came back home, postponed the album recording and was spending a lot of time with him when he was housing in the castle during the weeks. Weekends meant spending time with the candidates who still weren't nice to him, apart from Jeno.

"Renjun!" he heard his name said by a known voice so he turned around to spot Chenle. The boy was approaching with his head low.

"Hi," Renjun straightened in tension.

Their friendship had shattered into pieces weeks ago, why was Chenle even bothering to talk to him.

"I actually..." Chenle was mumbling quietly searching for the right words.

"What?" Renjun crossed his arms ready to fight back.

"I wanted to say sorry," muttered Chenle. "For what I did. You're ok," Chenle raised his eyes at him, his face rather hopeful.

"Took you a long time," muttered Renjun feeling something nice filling his insides.

"So are we good?" asked Chenle.

"I don't know," Renjun hesitated.

"Please, I swear I'll be ok again, I was just jealous of you being Taeyong and Jaehyun's son, but then I spoke to Jeno and yes, he made me realize I'm very stupid," Chenle became red.

"What has he told you?" asked Renjun.

"That I still have both parents and you've been through so much, and yes... It's not pity, don't think, by the way, your fathers are the coolest," Chenle became even redder.

Renjun was watching him, a mixture of twisted feelings inside him.

"Can we be friends again?" asked Chenle faintly.

"Ah!" Renjun shook his head.

"Please," he saw Chenle's faint grin.

"Let's say I'll forgive y..."

"Aaaaaa!"

Renjun couldn't finish the sentence when Chenle gave out a dolphin scream then fell at him hugging the air out of him.

"Stop! Stop! I get no air!" begged Renjun laughing but he was so happy inside that he and Chenle were friends again.

A month passed, there were only 6 candidates left in the show, they had dance practice, as the top five were doing a performance together. Jared was worried, he won't make it this week, also Jeno fell in a very depressive mood in the last few days. Only Daisy seemed as always super confident, she was complaining to the choreographer about Mia and Chenle being bad dancers.

"Can people finally find out she's a bully and stop voting for her?" asked Chenle quietly when they sat on the floor during a break.

"I'm still hoping for it, but I guess it won't happen she's a great actress," muttered Jeno.

Renjun glanced towards the girl to find her staring straight at him, she turned around quietly while he focused on the floor, it always caused awkward feelings inside him to make eye contact with her, he didn't like it.

The practice room door opened and he heard Daisy squealing loud.

"Mr. Jaehyun!" Jared jumped up bowing down low.

"Hello, how afe you," Jae came in smiling widely.

He was carrying a lot of bags with take away food in his hands.

"I've brought you lunch," he said when Renjun felt his heart speeding up.

Jae turned to him smiling widely when he noticed he's the only one in the room who stayed seated when they were all bowing politely.

"Come sit down," Jae walked to Renjun placing the bags on the floor, then sat next to him ruffling his hair hallo.

"Jae stop," begged Renjun becoming red.

"You'fe so cute I've missed you," Jae pinched his cheek while smiling to himself.

Renjun grabbed one of the bags opening it.

"Is it for us?" asked Chenle taking another.

"Yes, you've wofked hafd you need to gain youf stfength back," said Jae smiling.

He was in a great mood, Renjun knew it's mostly because Taeyong was back home.

Thank you for your love. I hope you're enjoying the book so far. What do you think about Renjun forgiving Chenle and about Jae being sweet to the candidates?

Much <3