61. Miracle in the storm

"It's a fair punishment Jae for what I did to you," she said her eyes becoming watery.

"Mom!" he begged when Renjun leaned against a wall feeling tears rolling down his face.

"I don't have much time left Jae, maybe a few months, so it's dream come true to be able to see you here and speak to you and... see Junie, he's so lovely a real angel," she turned towards Renjun who felt his legs are giving in, but he walked to Jae pacing his palm on Jae's back as Jae as shivering like a kid kneeling on the floor burying his hands into his mom's lap when she was caressing his hair lovingly begging him to calm down while his father was standing above them unable to do a thing.

Renjun just caressed Jae's back, all of them waiting till Jae was able to move up from his mum's knees, his face all red and swollen from crying.

"Why?" he asked.

"I said, it's a fair punishment for what I did to you," she said.

"No! You don't, you don't get it! What you did, the stofy of my life, it made Junie decide to come with me and... if you hadn't maybe I'd neverf," he whispered.

"At lest something good has happened from my bad," she said.

"Grandma you have to stay with us, Jae needs you and I do," Renjun sat next to her cuddling to her side.

"Jae is doing amazing without me," she smiled through the tears. "He became a man I'm fully totally proud of, I've never been that proud in my life as I am about the fact of him being my son, even if I don't deserve to call him that."

"Mum!" begged Jae.

"If you agree to at least come visit me from time to time in the last months of my life it will be a dream..." her vice cracked.

"Mum please," begged Jae new tears storming down his cheeks.

He slipped on the couch cuddling her from the other side while Renjun found his palm caressing it. He knew Jae was an adult, he was big and grown up so he will manage to survive what he had survived being only three.

They were sitting like that for a long time till grandpa asked Renjun to help him prepare some supper while they left Jae and his mum alone so they could talk privately.

The world was falling apart again, Jae thought one million years had happen in a day, a strange silence was vibrating all around him when he was sitting in the car in front of the house he had grown up in. They had left after a rather quiet and quick supper, him and Renjun had helped his father to wash the dishes, then both said bye, Jae's heart sill heavy when he left. He should not care, not after all she had done but she was his mother.

"Jae, you will manage," Junie caressed his knee gently.

"How can I?" Jae felt new tears leaving his eyes, was he even able to cry more.

"Before it happens it seems impossible to survive, but after it happens you know you're brave enough," muttered Junie when Jae looked at his son so stunned, it came to him Junie had lost both his parents at once being so little, yet he was here strong and proud, leading a happy, fulfilled life.

"You'fe a mastefpiece," whispered Jae. "Thank you, fof being in my life," he said grabbing Junie in his arms pulling the boy in a long hug, his tears rolling down into his son's hair but it was ok, maybe Junie was stronger than him, even if he shouldn't be.

So Jae decided to put himself together for Junie when he washed the tears off then started the car driving all the way to the castle. It was hard to concentrate but he did, it was even easier to focus on something. He was so tired, so innerly tried when he walked in with Junie holding his hand tightly.

"Jae please don't cry," begged Junie when they reached the main staircase where Jae tried to listen but suddenly sat on one of the steps breaking out into tears again.

"What happened Jae!" Taeyong came running to them all pale. "Jae, my Jae are you hurt? Junie what happened?" asked Taeyong.

"Grandma," whispered Junie starting to tear up more than Jae.

"My mom is dying," whispered Jae breaking out in more tears when Taeyong's arms fell around him.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's sick, very sick and she won't make it," whispered Jae grabbing Taeyong's hoodie howling into to.

"Oh no," Taeyong's voice became faint.

"That's why she wanted to meet us, I had told you daddy she meant it honestly," muttered Renjun when Jae tried his best to calm down but couldn't.

He was crying for a vey long time till he wasn't able to cry anymore, he felt like drunk, the evening when his mother had kicked him out and Taeyong has left him on Taeil's driveway, heartbroken, too tired to be able to give out any more sobs, became so vivid.

"Jae we're here for you no matter what," said Taeyong kissing his forehead.

"Yes we are," said Renjun lifting his big brown eyes at him. "And we love you," Renjun jumped up then placed his arm around him cuddling to his side.

"Yes we love you so so much," Taeyong kissed his eyelids and lifted his lips back to his forehead. "And I'm so stupid. The world is crazy, we don't know about tomorrow yet we bother and worry about silly things, for what? For something we should have done ages ago, I'm so sorry for being stupid," muttered Taeyong letting go of him.

"What do you mean?" asked Jae, his head unable to process more.

"I should have done it ages ago, but today's news made me realize I can't wait any anger. Jung Jaehyun," he saw Taeyong kneeling on the step underneath his taking his palm intertwining their fingers. "Will you do me the honor and marry me?" he asked while he fished a box out of his pocket.

 "Will you do me the honor and marry me?" he asked while he fished a box out of his pocket

Thank you for your lovely feedback, you never fail to make me happy. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about the news about Jae's mother and Taeyong proposing? How will Jae react?

Also what do you think about WayV's teaser?

Much <3