17. Guestroom

"Jungwoo met our guest," said Lauren, her voice rather tired when she walked towards the big kitchen with the garden view, that became only one blackness at that late hour.

"Hi," the boy waved to Renjun awkwardly, so Renjun waved back. "He's not scary at all," said the boy racing to the kitchen when Renjun followed him stunned.

"Jungwoo is afraid of strangers," said Kun who was mixing in a pot.

Renjun watched how the strange boy was giving out plates then lying a cute flower on each.

He pointed at his work looking at Lauren with glittering eyes.

"Yes it's pretty," muttered the girl sitting down with a sigh.

Renjun took place next to her, he saw how the boy leaned over Kun's pot smiling wide, he tried to put his hand inside, but Kun hit it with the spoon causing him to jump back.

"It's too hot to touch," said Kun shaking his head.

"Junie don't bother about him ok," said Lauren quietly. "He's stringily autistic," she added.

Renjun watched how the boy took another flower from the counter then started to hit his own face with it giggling.

"Why is he here?" asked Renjun turning to her.

"It's a long story," Lauren became sadder.

"Jungwoo we need the cups," said Kun in a parental way and Jungwoo left the flower on the counter then jumped to the cupboards taking the cups out.

He placed them on the table next to the plates humming to himself.

"Thank you my dear," said Lauren when he gave her a green cup.

He placed another one in front of Renjun but the moment he turned around Lauren took the cup exchanging it with a blue one.

"The pink is Jungwoo's, remember it ok," she whispered when Renjun nodded.

Soon they were all sitting around the table eating when Jungwoo was telling them about his mum and grandma as if there were right here.

"I think you should go to sleep," muttered Lauren an hour later when the plates were empty and Jungwoo was collecting the flowers from them.

Renjun nodded jumping up.

"I'll help you with the bag it's heavy," muttered Kun.

"But the dishes," Lauren became pale.

"Don't worry I'll have some relax while washing them later," Kun pecked her lips gently then hugged her. "Jungwoo up to bed!" he said when the boy jumped out of the kitchen running upstairs.

Lauren fell on the kitchen chair, she looked as if she's abut to cry and Renjun had no idea what to do.

"Honey we will find a place for him soon," whispered Kun kneeling next to her chair taking her hair in his lovingly. Ok? he asked caressing her cheek.

She nodded in a sad way.

"I'll help Renjun go upstairs and rest," Kun kissed her hand when she moved up.

"Night Junie, if you need anything call me ok," she ruffled the boy's hair then left the kitchen.

Kun walked to the sink, opened the water tap, but Renjun saw how he was listening to Lauren's foot steps, soon the bedroom door slammed shut.

Kun stopped the water stream abruptly.

"Fancy a night out?" he asked turning to Renjun.

"What do you mean?" asked the boy.

"You can be my assistant," Kun raised his brow.

Renjun felt a shiver running down his spine. Jae would definitely kill them both but there was also something very exciting in his stomach.

"Come," Kun walked to the study room, Renjun saw how he opened a drawer taking a long lenses camera out, checking it, placing additional memory cards into his pockets.

"Where are we going?" asked Renjun.

"Take a thick jacket it's going to be cold," Kun smiled to himself giving him a binoculars.

Renjun took it then ran to the hangers in the hall, he put his jacket and hat on, tightened the scarf around his neck, tied his shoes up. Three minutes later he was ready while Kun placed a leather jacket over his warm hoodie pulling a baseball cap over his head then leaving the house through the garage door.

Renjun followed.

"What if Lauren will be looking for us?" asked Renjun jumping into Kun's old jeep.

"We tell her we're doing grocery shopping for tomorrow," the boy grinned starting the engine when Renjun fasted his seatbelt.

He was exited, he had no idea what Kun was up to, but he wanted to find out.

"Why is this strange Jungwoo living with you?" he asked when Kun pressed the radio flipping the programs till he found one with classical pop music.

"He was kicked out of a record company, his family doesn't want him back, they hoped the company will do the dirty job of babysitting him. I found him on the main subway station with his suitcase and no idea how to act in public places, I'm working with a few charity organizations now, we're looking for a nice and safe place for him to stay, but util it appears me and Lauren decided to give him shelter. He's a nice kid it's not his fault he was born that way," Kun drove on the main road speeding the car up.

"Some of the public help facilities aren't safe palaces," whispered Renjun lowering his head.

"I know, that's why I don't want to leave him to just to anyone. Trust me I've been through the worst facilities for drug addicts in this town, I know how it feels like, you can go insane in places like that," Kun glanced at him and Renjun felt he can understand.

"Jungwoo just needs good people around him, like the ones you happened to meet," said Kun when Renjun felt something fiery in his stomach.

"It was a miracle," he said, the day when Jae stopped above his drawing in the orphanage became so vivid.

"Yes, I guess Jungwoo needs a miracle to," Kun sighed.

"Maybe he already has one," said Renjun causing Kun's lips to move up in a faint smile.

Thank you for all your lovely feedback. What do you think about Renjun staying at Lauren and Kun, him meeting Jungwoo? Where is Kun taking him?

Also I'm going to publish a new book tomorrow, it will be focusing on Norenmin, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Much <3