53. Life changing

"Me and Taeyong had looked the countfy up and down, been to all ofphanages possible and impossible, this one was the last on the list. Taeyong had given in, he wasn't able to absofb mofe pain, mofe failed tfies, but I, I felt something... I needed to check this one last place, this one last chance. I saw a boy dfawing Moomins, his dfawing was so beautiful, he was beautiful. I nevef wanted to have childfen, it was Taeyong's idea I tfied to fight against till I met him, till ouf eyes met and it was like with my boyffiend, love at the fifst sight. I knew ffom now on Junie is family and two days latef when we came to the ofphanage I heafed him cfying, I invaded into the foom whefe I had met him and saw a woman hitting him with a stick. I just took him out of thefe, standing against all the people, the pfess, the lawyefs. I only took Junie faf away ffom them. He was clinging to me like he is today, but was way smallef then, still so cute," Jae smiled to the memory when Renjun let go of him looking from him to the lady. She was pale standing there holding on to the chair till she sat down lowering her head.

"Junie is stfuggling with neufosis, a heavy case, but he's vefy bfave doing an effort each day to ffee himself off it," Jae continued when Renjun closed his thumb in his little fist like he used to do when he couldn't sleep or was worried.

"He woke up in panic tonight because of how you had fejected him when he had come hefe eflief, but he decided to visit you again because he has a question to you," Jae became silent when Renjun looked at him questioningly so he nodded.

"S-s-scary aunt, I-I just want to know i-i-f you have known my parents?" asked Renjun his voice trembling.

The lady looked from him to Jae when she put the newly lit up cigarette out in the plate.

A longer silence fell when she sighed loudly.

"Yes, I had known them very good. Your father, I had... I had taken care of him since he was born, he was my nephew, he... he had become a great man, worked as a teacher in a school, met a beautiful woman who had loved him madly. She was a florist, but she had finished a school for artists, she was a pinter, she also made decorations out of flowers," the lady began to speak when Jae felt he's heart beating up fast, Junie squeezed his palm tighter his breath becoming uneven.

"She... I'm sorry, It's been so many years but it still hurts me deep inside," the lady suddenly broke out in tears, she fished a flowery tissue out of her bathrobe then blew her nose out loudly. "They didn't deserve it, they were so young and happy and had this lovey boy who needed them. I'm sorry, that's why I didn't want to tell you when you have asked about it," she dried her tears off taking a loud breath. "The last time I saw you you were three. I... They had called me and asked if I can take you, but I was here. I'm not very strong or healthy as you see and I, I just couldn't take care of you, I just couldn't and I hoped the country will do a better job, this bastards! This pigs!" she spat on the floor again. "And I had tried to find out what has happened to you but no one wanted to tell me a thing, and I thought, I thought you're gone like them, I'm sorry," she trembled.

"I can't remember their faces, how hard I try they're nothing there," said Renjun so quiet it was barely hearable.

"You're similar to them," the woman sighed. "I... I actually shouldn't show you this but if you're here," she get up took her walking stick than made her way through the room with effort.

Jae was holding his baby, his insides one mess, his heartbeat crazy, the phone vibrating in his pocket like from a different world.

It took forever till she came back with a book, she opened it taking two photos out placing them on the table in front of them.

"That's the only I have left," she said when Jae leaned over the table top to see a photo of two people holding a baby Junie, it was a summer day, they were in a garden, Jae could see how Renjun had his mother's face but his father's eyes. The second photo was definitely showing a baby Junie sitting in a nice way watching the camera with his clear eyes.

"Wow," whispered Jae taking the photo of Junie moving it closer to see it clearly. "You we'fe the cutest," he said when Renjun leaned over the other photo watching it carefully.

"Now I remember her face, it's blurry but it's there," he said so calmly.

"You can have them," the lady wasn't looking at them.

"They'fe impoftant fof you," muttered Jae.

"I'm so old, once I'm gone they'll throw it all away, it's better for you to have them," she turned to Renjun.

"Junie do you want to take the photos?" asked Jae.

"Yes," Renjun nodded. "We can do copies and send them back to aunt, what do you think Jae?" asked Renjun looking at him his eyes glittering.

"You'fe bfilliant," whispered Jae smiling to him and Renjun answered with a lovely smile.

Jae focused back when the lady blew her nose out again.

"Aunt, can I... can I ask you one more question?" Renjun turned to her.

 can I ask you one more question?" Renjun turned to her

Thank you for your beautiful support for being amazing. Last night I was editing the new chapters for this story and I'm so excited to share all of what will come with you, although there also will be dramatic moments. So what do you think about Renjun's aunt showing him photos and telling about his parents?

Much <3