69. Upside down

Jae smiled to himself listening closely although he had memorized this lyrics ages ago, he was mow discovering them in a completely new way. Back them he just adored Taeyong the rebellious youngster who had taken the music industry in days, who was living his life to the fullest the way Jae never dreamt he will be able to, he never believed in the lost boy TY, yes but now, after so many years of being together he knew it all, each struggle, each flaw, each wrinkle on Taeyong's forehead, each side of his dreams or sleeps nights. His phone vibrated like from a different world and only when he glanced at his lock-screen the school boy feeling faded, as Taeyong and Renjun were smiling to him from the photo one the phone. He wasn't the owner of this room anymore, little Jae was only a memory he could reflect so easily in this space, he was a man now an almost husband and a father, and he smiled proudly pressing the loudspeaker to hear Taeyong's voice.

"Hi, I hope I haven't woken you up."

"No, I'm up alfeady," whispered Jae.

"So early, can't you sleep my Jae?"

His stomach twisted at this lovely nickname, he slipped under the duvet hugging the pillow realizing how much his body longed for Taeyong to be here.

"I miss you," whispered Jae.

"I miss you more," Taeyong sighed. "I'm at a gala party it's super boring but the record company needs me to stay here till at lest three am for promotion, I sneaked out to a private corridor and though about calling my favorite person."

Jae felt blushes hitting his face.

Last night his mum was allowed out of the hospital so he took her home, he helped his father to prepare a room for her downstairs so she wouldn't need to climb the stairs, they ask him if he could stay over for the night, sleep in his old room so he did, he wanted to help them in the morning, the doctors said his mum will become stronger at home as the medication was making some progress, they said there's some hope for her to survive a little longer, how long? No one knew. Jae tried to shake it off.

"I'm in my old foom," whispered Jae.

"What!"

"Yes my mum is out of the clinic, I stayed fof the night to help them also I'm so lonely in the big house without you and Junie."

"We will be back really soon, Junie needs to prepare for the concert. One and a half week and we're at yours but you can come anytime," Taeyong's voice was so soft Jae wished to beg him to come, but it was important for Junie and his boyfriend, ok fiancee, Jae grinned.

"How's Junie?" he asked.

"Ah I'm a little worried."

"What do you mean?" Jae sat up straighter.

"He's just... there's this backup dancers crew, they're really amazing when it comes to dancing but they're such bad influence. Those kind of people pretending to be young adults who party hard and lay down girls, I told them to keep away from him but it seems like him and one of them became some sort of friends."

"What do you mean?" Jae laughed.

"The boy is from Hong Kong, his name is Lucas, he's fifteen but looks like an adult, definitely been through a lot, it's an absolute no go for Renjun to spend his time with someone like that."

"Because he's like you when you wefe young?" asked Jae still giggling.

"What... no!" Taeyong protested. "Ok, he's exactly like me in my teenage years, so I know Renjun should keep as far away as possible from him."

"You stfangely sounding like my mum - Jae you will not listen to this punk kid ffom the stfeet, Jae you will keep youf distance ffom this young cfminal," joked Jae making his vice higher.