39. Secret meeting

The weekend live show was heartbreaking, Jared left, so the four remaining candidates were in very depressive moods. Jared was like an older brother in the house and a role model for them. Jae saw how the four teens crowded up in front of the fireplace the next evening when he came by to bring them some sweets, he actually hoped Junie will finally stop being so mad, but the moment he entered the house Renjun simply left to his room upstairs, Jae couldn't stand it.

He just left the bags in the living room, wished Chenle, Daisy, and Jeno good night then returned to the castle.

Taeyong was out in the studio, he was equally hurt, so he pretended he's very busy again. Jae was walking around the empty rooms trying to find a place for himself.

There was so less time till the final, everything was falling apart, Junie wasn't speaking to them or Sicheng, or anyone apart from Jeno and Chenle.

The night went by in some shallow sleep, a few torn dreams and two phone calls with Taeyong, so Jae was sleeping when his phone woke him up a few hours later.

The sun was falling into the bedroom when he reached for the phone pressing the loudspeaker.

"Hi honey," he whispered.

"Um..." he heard an unknown voice.

"Taeyong?" asked Jae.

"No Kun," said the voice causing him to nearly jump out of the bed.

"What?" asked Jae feeling he's still in one of his creepy nightmares.

"Jae wake up we need to talk, be at the road behind your village in half an hour," said Kun then the call ended.

"I'm not paying anything!" shouted Jae to the dark phone screen.

He was so mad, Kun was the last person he needed if he will threaten him with anything, like selling Junie's identity to the press or something.

Jae boiled over.

He groaned leaving the bed putting his glasses on, then found some socks that probably belonged to Taeyong and a leather jacket, he put it over his pajama shirt and sweatpants.

He stumbled to the main hall then found the car keys, swearing at Kun in his mind.

It was really early, a little bit after 5 a.m., but the sun was already out as summer as approaching. Jae was very sleepy, he made a whole session of long breaths out in the car before he started the engine driving off. The day was brightening more, the fields and trees had a rich lemon green color, the rising sun as falling through the leaves, some deers were standing in the morning fog between the fresh herbs.

Jae was driving around rubbing his face to wake up until he saw a rusty dark van parked next to the forest line and a fence of a farm.

He stopped his car jumping out trembling from anger that was shaking the rests of sleep off him.

"I'm not paying anything!" said Jae walking towards Kun so swiftly the man moved back.

"Relax it's about Renjun's parents," he said raising his hand in a defending gesture.

"What?" Jae stopped.

"Listen," Kun looked him directly into the eyes, he was serious. "I know Renjun wanted to find out about them, he had told me months ago,"
said Kun when Jae boiled over.

So Renjun was trusting Kun more than him and Taeyong.

"And now that you two began to search for it, for him..." said Kun.

"Afe you stalking us again!" shouted Jae.

"Hey, I need to know what's going on, you won't come far without me would you?" Kun winked.

"I can still put you in jail fof all you did to me and my family!" hissed Jae.

"I bet Lauren would hate you and Renjun would hate you more than right now," Kun raised his brow.

"Junie doesn't hate me!" protested Jae.

"Anyway, I had looked for his family just in case, as I knew you losers won't find a thing," Kun sighed when he placed a brown envelope on his car hood.

"And I should believe you?" asked Jae buffed.

"You can choose to believe me or not to believe me, but this here is the contact to his only living relative, his grandfather's sister. She's really old, in a facility for elderly that can't take care of themselves anymore and have no relatives to help them," Kun tapped his fingers against the hood. "The small town where she lives in is also
the place where Renjun parents' graves are, on the local cemetery, there are photos in here too."

Jae felt how his stomach flipped abruptly.

"That's all I found out, the rest is up to you, only Renjun can visit her as her only living family member."

Jae trembled, he was watching Kun with suspicion.

"And what do you want fof it?" he asked ironically.

"Nothing," Kun left the envelope on the hood then walked towards the driver's door.

"What tfick is it?" asked Jae shocked.

"No trick, I'm doing it for Renjun," said Kun looking at him way too honestly.

"Why?" Jae felt his heart speeding up.

Thank you for your sweet support. I hope you liked the chapter.
What do you think about Kun's information? What will he tell Jae? Will Jaeyong find a way to make Renjun speak to them again?

Much <3