Chapter Four - Home

"So you're just going to leave?" Rose asked looking at Edward. "Because of some human girl?" Rose asked arms crossed.

"Leave him be, Rose" Alison said with a soft voice. Rose shot her a harsh glare and she looked down, immediately turning invisible as she lost the courage to defend her brother.

"Alright, lets just calm down" Carlisle said moving besides Rose and Edward. "Are you sure about this?" Carlisle questioned looking at Edward.

"I am, I just need a few days" He said and Carlisle slowly nodded placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Take the time you need" He said. Rosalie growled speeding away. Emmett sighed standing up before going after her. "Come back when you're ready" Edward nodded before walking out of the house. Alison watched him leave biting her lip as she made herself visible again. She knew why he left, she had seen it first hand in biology. She had gotten to class late and when she did get there, the seat besides her brother was taken by the human that sent him away for a few days. She watched as he struggled to keep control over himself, she had to admit, Bella was pretty tempting but she was more worried about her brother than anything.

"Tell me all about your day" Esme said sitting besides Alison. She reached over moving some hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. "There, that's better" She said. Alison gave her a smile before looking down at her hands as fiddling with them anxiously.

"Um" She muttered. "It was good" She said nodding. "I didn't lose control, I stayed the entire time. It felt weird being the center of attention" She said looking at Esme. "With everyone's eyes on you, I heard everybody talking about me like they knew me. I heard different rumors about us, it was unsettling" She said.

"You'll get used to that" Esme told her. "People, they're going to make things up about us but it's best to just let them do what they want" She said and Alison nodded. "You did good though and it'll get easier, you'll see" She said and Alison nodded.

"I'm going to go up in my room" She said standing up.

"Alright, are you sure you don't need to hunt?" Esme asked looking at her.

"No, I'm alright, thank you" She said and Esme nodded with a smile on her face watching Alison speed to her room. Once she was out of sight Esme relaxed against the couch.

"Relieved?" Carlisle questioned.

"I was so worried about her all day" Esme admitted. "I knew she'd be fine but still" She said and Carlisle nodded in understanding.

"I know, I was as well. But the others are watching after her, she's in safe hands" Carlisle said sitting besides her.

"I'm proud of her" Esme said smiling. Carlisle grinned nodding in agreement before wrapping his arms around his wife pulling to him kissing her. She giggled leaning into the kiss.

As soon as Alison was in the safety of her room she was a completely different person. She was comfortable and even confident in herself as she put her hair up in a messy bun. She turned on the radio playing some music from the late 60s. It reminded her of her human life. She had a wonderful human life and she missed it dearly.

She wasn't the wealthiest person in the world when it came to money but she was wealthy in good memories. She remembered sitting on top of her fathers shoulders as they raced through the park. She remembered making a complete mess in the kitchen when cooking with her mother. She also remembered making mud pies with her brothers and dressing up all fancy like with her sisters. She missed them all dearly but she knew there wasn't anything she could do. They were all in their later years of life while she was still only 18. She did keep up with them though, made sure everything was alright and that they were taken care of.

She twirled around in her room with a large shirt and shorts on. She collapsed into her arm chair and read some old magazines from her human life. She must have read them a million times but she still enjoyed looking through them. Sometimes she wished she could sleep just to pass time but that just wasn't an option anymore. She needed to get through the night on her own knowing that Jasper and Alice needed time alone with each other as well as Rose and Emmett, then Carlisle and Esme. Some time she'd spent the night with Edward, he'd teach her to play different instruments but he was gone for the time being.

Being a 56 year old in an 18 year old's body was weird sometimes. When she thought about it she was sad. She thought about the things she never experienced. She has never been kissed, never been taken on a date, never had a boyfriend or done anything romantic. She couldn't help but to feel envious of the rest of her family. They all had someone to spend nights with but she was alone. It didn't usually bother her since she was always so focused on not killing the closest person to the house. But the past few decades she had been wanting someone to experience life with, besides why have the power of immortality if you don't have someone to spent eternity with.