Chapter Fifty Seven - She Imprinted

"You'll be alright, it'll be healed within a few hours" Carlisle said and Embry nodded thankfully. He then dared to look at Alison who was giving him the mother of all glares. "I'll leave you two alone" He said before quickly leaving the room.

"I guess sorry isn't going to cut it" He said and she glared at him harder, if that was possible, for trying to make a joke. "Look, you've left me a couple of times and I forgave you instantly" He said but it didn't have the outcome he was hoping for.

"The only reason I ever would leave you was for your own safety" She growled standing up. She marched to him so quickly he flinched moving backwards. "You left because you felt threatened by a child that isn't even more yet!" She snapped pointing her finger at him. "And then you just show up in the middle of the night, how can we trust you?" She asked.

"You honestly think you can't trust me?" He asked giving her a look. "I don't believe that" He said

"At this point, what you believe don't mean jack shit to me" She snapped. "I would never do anything that would put you or your family in danger! Yet you sided with Sam, a person who wants to kill my family and an innocent child!" She snapped going to a whole new level of rage. "I have done everything for you! I saved your mother, I saved your ass in the newborn battle! I protected you against Victoria! And you turn around and threaten my family because my brother and his wife are having a baby?"

"Don't act like I never did anything for you" He said trying to hold the little ground he hand.

"What? Do you want a fucking gold trophy?" She snapped.

"Well, I thought that maybe the good I did do would help me out right now" He said shrugging. "How about the time I traveled over half the country just to find you" He reminded her. "Shouldn't that count for something?" He asked trying to dig himself out of this hole.

"It did" She said nodding. "But then you sided with the man that wants us dead and all the good you did flew out the window" She said and he pressed his lips together. "It's a baby, Embry, a little child. You didn't even think to give him a chance, you just assumed it was bad and wanted to destroy it instead of trying to understand it." She said and he put his arm that wasn't in a sling in his pocket. "And you left me, you left your best friend to do this all on his own" She said shaking her head.

"I know, alright, I fucked up" He said and she looked at him. "But I'm here now aren't I?" He asked. "I'm trying to make up for what I did" He said and she looked at him.

"That'll take time" She said crossing her arms.

"I'll do anything" He said. She looked at him for a moment longer before leaving the room. He took in a deep breath before slowly letting it out. He didn't like that she was mad at him but he would rather be with her mad then be separated from her at all. He stayed as close as he could to her, which was across the room. Whenever he even tried to get closer the entire room would glare at him, especially Rose, Emmett and Bree.

"Hey, Bree" Esme said catching her attention. "Do you want to take these sandwiches out to the wolves outside?" She asked holding out the sandwiches. "I want to keep an eye on everything up here" She said looking at the tension between Emmett and Embry.

"Alright" Bree said reaching out to grab them. She wanted to help with what she could, she was slowly going insane from doing nothing. She walked out of the house and towards Seth and Leah. Seth noticed her first and smiled happy to see food. He walked over taking it hungrily.

"Thanks" He mumbled and she smiled nodding before looking at Leah who had been giving her an annoyed look but stopped as soon as Bree looked at her. Bree looked into Leah's eyes and couldn't help but to think how pretty they were. Leah on the other hand, was completely consumed by Bree. As soon as their eyes locked, any feelings Leah had from Sam vanished and her entire world revolved around her. "Oh... shit" Seth mumbled snapping Leah out of it.

Leah looked to the ground completely confused. How was this possible? How could she imprint on her? She had never even looked at another girl in this kind of way before, she didn't even consider it. Yet, here she was, imprinting on not only a girl but a vampire girl. She was beautiful but Leah didn't know what else to think. She wasn't supposed to like vampires, she wasn't supposed to like girls.

"Here" Bree said softly. Leah's head snapped towards her as soon as she spoke up. Her voice was as beautiful as she was. It was soft and gentle, it left her wanting to hear more of it. All of these feelings were so sudden, Leah reacted the only way she knew how. She forced herself to give Bree a harsh glare. Bree looked down not knowing why she felt disappointed. Seeing she hurt Bree's feelings made Leah feel bad but before she could do anything, Leah shifted and raced away from them.

She tried to get her thoughts together. For the longest time she prayed to imprint on someone, anyone. All she wanted was to love someone again, to forget about Sam. That's why she left his pack, to get away from him. She didn't like being around vampires all the time, she hated them. She didn't trust them and she still didn't. However, the further she ran from Bree the more she wanted to turn around and go back. Her mind was consumed by the newest Cullen member.

Bree on the other hand was extremely confused by what had just happened. In a matter of seconds Leah looked like she was happy then pissed off and suddenly she was gone. She didn't know Leah very well, she had never even talked to her before. However, seeing her run off so quickly and so upset didn't settle well with Bree. She didn't know why Leah was upset or why she ran off, but she wanted to find out and hopefully make her feel better. As she thought about making Leah feel better she stopped. Why exactly did she care? Leah obviously didn't care about her so why should she care about Leah? This was a very confusing situation.

Seth, however, was amused by the whole thing. He was happy for his sister, he didn't care that she had imprinted on a girl. Maybe now Leah would actually be nice. He could remember when she was dating Sam, before all of this happened, Leah was actually nice and cool to be around. Hopefully now that she can forget about Sam, she could go back to being cool and fun instead of annoying and depressing.