Chapter Fifty One - Toast

Alison smiled happily as Embry spun her around on the dance floor. Neither of them knew what they were doing but that was what made it fun. They looked pretty ridiculous but they were in their own little world, smiling as if they were the happiest people on the Earth. Tiffany watched them with a small smile on her face. She couldn't even think of a time when Embry smiled so wide. He was like a completely different person around her, a good different. She didn't really understand a lot about this world, but how bad could it be if it make her son smile so brightly.

Tiffany never had any luck with good men, but to get a great man like her son out of a terrible man like his father, it was worth it. She saw how much he put in his work to get the house back together and how he kept this secret to keep her safe. She couldn't be more proud of him. He couldn't have found a better girl, she supported them with all of her heart.

"Don't look now but we're getting some pretty weird looks" Embry whispered in Alison's ear.

"Who cares?" She asked and Embry smiled widely.

"Who're the blond's?" He asked and she looked over.

"Those must be the Denali's" She told him and Embry nodded.

"They don't look too happy to be here" He muttered and Alison sighed.

"They're not fans of you and your pack" She admitted.

"What did we ever do to them?" He asked and Alison looked at him.

"Remember Laurent?" She asked and he nodded. "He was one of their mates" She said and Embry understood.

"That sucks" He said and she nodded.

"Don't worry, they won't do anything" She said and Embry grinned turning her head towards him.

"I think you're the one who's worried" He said and she smiled. "Don't worry about them, we're here to have a good time" He said twirling her. She grinned as he pulled her back to his chest dancing again making her laugh.

"Come on, it looks like it's time for toast" She said and they walked over sitting with Billy and the others.

"Excuse me, is this on?" Emmett asked and Alison grinned knowing this was going to be good. "Hello? Umm, I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister" He said smirking. "Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years, cause you won't be getting any more for a while" He said winking at Edward and Bella. Alison covered her mouth to suppress a laugh. She looked at Embry who was trying hard not to laugh as well.

"I don't get it" Tiffany said confused making Embry snort. Alison hid her face in his shoulder as Jessica went to give her toast.

"Well, Bella was just like everybody else, totally mesmerized by Edward or 'The Hair', as I called him" She said. Alison collected herself. "And then, suddenly, Edward is all about Bella. Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team" She said letting out a fake laugh. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Or the president of the student council" Jessica added. Alison rolled her eyes at her.

"Edward will be a good husband, I know this because I'm a cop, I know things" Charlie said. "Like how to hunt somebody to the ends of the Earth. And I know how to use a gun" He said and Alison smiled at him shaking her head.

"Now that you're my sister, you'll have to get over you aversion to fashion. Skirts, heels, handbags" Alice listed excited to have another person to dress up.

"Go to sleep, my low, go to sleep" Renee sang awfully. Now it was Embry's turn to hide in Alison's shoulder laughing. "When you wake, you'll see me" Renee sang. Embry was bright red laughing quietly.

"I'd like to thank Renee and Charlie for bringing such a wonderful person into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever" Esme said smiling happily.

"It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to and who will accept you for what you are. I've been waiting, what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am and with Bella, I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a toast, to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever"