Chapter Twenty Eight - Traveler

Alison chased Victoria for days but the red head slipped right through her fingers. Alison was reluctant to go home. She knew that Emily would have told the wolves what had happened. How would Embry react? Sam? The others? Was Rose and Emmett worried about her? Alison looked in the direction of home and then turned her head in the opposite direction. She was tempted to run. She almost killed Emily, what if that was Embry? What if she killed him because she couldn't control herself. With her gone, Rose and Emmett could return to the family. She knew they missed being with them maybe more than Alison did.

Alison missed the others but not nearly as much as Rose and Emmett. She was content with them not being there, it didn't really bother her. Maybe it was because she couldn't remember them before a few months ago. She didn't know. She just knew that the only reason she had to go back was for Embry and even that scared her. If she was being honest with herself, she didn't feel like a Cullen. She just felt as if she was a close friend, not family. Maybe she didn't want to go back. Before she could make her decision she turned around as a twig snapped and a large animal came into view.

"Embry?" Alison whispered looking at his wolf form. He looked relieved, tired but happy as well. He walked towards her and she walked towards him. She ran her fingers in his fur while placing her head on his closing her eyes. She suddenly felt relieved, at home. She didn't feel the nervousness or anxiety she was previously feeling. He found her, she had no idea how. They were nowhere near Forks. "How did you find me?" She whispered wrapping her arms around his neck hugging him. He pressed his head against her body keeping her close. After a few moments he pulled away and left only to come back as a human.

"Don't leave again" He said walking to her. "I don't care if it's about Victoria, I don't care what it is just please... don't leave" He said pulling her to him. "I can't take it anymore" He whispered and she closed her eyes as her body fell into his. "If you need to leave, then I'll come with you"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" She whispered. He pulled away enough to put his forehead on hers. "How did you find me?" She asked softly.

"I picked your scent up just outside of Forks and followed it." He told her. She lifted her hand to caress his cheek. He looked exhausted.

"You need sleep" She whispered and he nodded closing his eyes. "You came all this way... just to see me" She whispered.

"I'd travel any distance just to be with you" He muttered as she ran her hands over his chest. His body relaxed against her touch. She could feel the ache in his muscles, just pure exhaustion leaving his body.

"I'm sorry I made you travel so far" She whispered feeling guilty about even considering not coming back to him. "Lets find you some place to sleep" She said grabbing his hand gently. He followed her almost too tired to think as she tried to find a place where he could sleep comfortably. Eventually they found a hotel. The employees found it strange that a boy with no shirt and a girl with dirty clothes came in looking for a room but Alison was able to get them some place for the night.

As soon as she opened the door, Embry dragged her inside, kicking the door shut. He fell onto the bed making Alison smile. She thought he had already fallen asleep but was wrong when he turned his head towards her with one eye open. He held his hand out towards her and she was besides him in an instant. He pulled her into the bed before cuddling with her. She laid on her back as he rested his head on her chest hugging her body. She ran her hand over his arm while the other one messaged his head. In seconds he was asleep.

She looked at him as he slept. He looked so peaceful. Every now and then his grip around her would tighten and loosen a few moments later. It was as if he wasn't sure he she was still there or not. She finally understood Edward. She understood why he spend those nights watching Bella. She kissed the top of his head vowing to never leave him. She didn't care if she didn't feel like a Cullen. She didn't care that she couldn't remember anything. She didn't care about any of that. All she cared about was him. He was all that mattered to her.