Chapter Fourteen - Caught

"You seem to be in a better mood lately" Esme said looking at Alison with a smile. Alison snapped out of her thoughts and gave Esme a shy smile with a shrug. "I'm glad" She said and Alison just nodded looking down at her hands, playing with them nervously. Esme remembered when Alice had first brought Alison to the family. It took a while to get her to open up but once she did they all saw just how much of a good person she is, it was worth going through it all again knowing the reward.

"Where are you going?" Rose asked as Alison went to leave the house. It didn't go unnoticed that Alison had been staring at the clock for hours. Alison didn't know she had been doing it but she couldn't help it, she just loved this time of day.

"Just out for a walk" Alison said with a shrug.

"Can I come with you?" Rose suggested taking a step towards Alison.

"No" Alison said all too quickly. The ones in the room; Rose, Emmett, and Esme, looked at Alison in confusion. She looked panicked when Rose had asked to join her on a simple walk. "I just.. Like my time alone" Alison said but they knew that wasn't the case. Alison had never turned down company from the family, even when she was just starting. They thought that it was because of what she was going through but they thought she had gotten past this. It's been almost 5 months since the attack happened but they didn't want to rush her at the same time.

"Ok" Rose said nodding with a force smile but it was convincing enough for Alison. Alison pressed her lips together knowing her mistake but happy they didn't press. She awkwardly turned back to the door before leaving. She tried not to look like she was in a hurry but she was just too excited to take it slow. "I wonder where she goes" Rose said watching as Alison sped into the forest very quickly.

"Who knows?" Emmett said shrugging. "Whatever it is, it's obviously helping her so we shouldn't do anything to mess it up" He said giving Rose a hidden message to not fuck this up for Alison.

"I just want to make sure she's safe" Rose said looking at him. "She has a mind of a newborn, she doesn't really understand this world anymore. We have to look out for her, Emmett" Rose told him.

"Look, if it were something dangerous we would have known already" Emmett told her. "Edward would have seen it in his thoughts, Alice would have seen the future-"

"Yea, well Alice didn't see Alison getting her head ripped off so maybe we shouldn't rely on her visions so much" Rose snapped but then felt guilty as Esme scolded her. She knew it wasn't fair to blame Alice, it was impossible to see everything. This was all just hard on the family, it was easy to blame people, even if it was truly out of their control.

Alison arrived at her spot. When she got there she noticed that nobody was on the other side. She felt a little disappointed but figured she was early. She took a seat where she normally did and waited for him. She waited and she waited. Soon she realized that she had waited the entire night and he never showed up.

Embry Call, the guy she had come to see every night since she met him. He made her feel different than when she was around her family. She liked it and continued to see him without anybody knowing. She thought of different scenarios of why he didn't show up. Her mind automatically convincing her the worst, it wasn't hard to convince her of the worst in the state she has been in recently.

"Wait" A voice called out as she had finally given up and went to leave. She whipped back around grinning when she saw Embry but lost the smile seeing he was slightly beaten up. His eye was slightly swollen, his lip was cut and his cheek bruised.

"What happened?" She asked racing to the edge of the territory. All she wanted to do was jump across to see him, to look over him and help him.

"Just a disagreement with some of the guys" He said not wanting to worry her anymore. "I'm so sorry I'm late, I got here as fast as I could" He said looking honestly sad.

"It's ok, I understand" She said forcing a smile, he noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked coming to the edge of the territory as well looking at her concerned.

"Nothings wrong, I'm just happy to see you" She told him truthfully. Embry smiled at her, ignoring the pain in his face. However, he lost the smile as he looked behind her. She turned around looking at Rosalie in shock. The blond vampire glared at the werewolf with her arms crossed before looking at Alison annoyed.

"What is going on here?"

*What're you guys thinking? I can't read minds, not my gift unfortunately!*