Chapter Sixty Five - Memories

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime" Eleazar said. Alison subconsciously tightened her grip around Embry.

"So he's done this before?" Bella questioned.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern" Eleazar admitted. "Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant. This person always has an ability, and they're always given a place with the guard."

"This is all about Alice, he has no one like her" Edward said.

"Which is why she left" Bella realized.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Alison questioned.

"To spread the word that justice has been served after he slaughters an entire coven" Eleazar said looking at her.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving" Amun of the Egypt said to the rest of his coven.

"And where will you go?" Edward asked."What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift?" He asked looking around at everyone. "Anyone they want, their goal isn't punishment, it's power, it's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also yours, and for the way you want to live" Edward said.

"The packs will fight, we've never been afraid of vampires" Jake said after sharing a look with Embry.

"We will fight" Tanya said speaking for the Denali's.

"This won't be the first time I fought a King's rule" Garrett said nodding.

"We'll join you" Benjamin spoke up.

"No" Amun said immediately.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please" Benjamin said standing his ground. Alison watched as the rest of them joined in.

"Are you nervous?" Alison asked as she sat with Embry with a little bit of free time.

"For what? The Volturi?" He asked and she nodded looking at him.

"No, not really" He said. "I'm confident that we're going to be alright" He said and she smiled playing with his fingers.

"Alison?" She looked up seeing one of the vampires in front of her. She had to think for a moment on what her name was.

"Ruby, right?" Alison questioned and she nodded.

"Can I talk with you, alone" She questioned. Alison glanced at Embry before nodding.

"Sure, come on" Alison said standing up walking to the other side of the house, outside, away from everyone. Cassandra watched from inside the woods as Ruby took Alison away. Her eyes went to Embry as he stood up to go on patrol.

"What's your name?" Cassandra questioned coming out of the woods. He turned around quickly looking at her weirdly.

"Embry" He said. "Can I help you?" He asked and she smiled widely looking him in the eyes.

"Yes, I think you can" She said.

"What did you want to talk about?" Alison asked not knowing what they could talk about. She had never met this woman before and knew they never talked either.

"Word travels fast in our world" She said. "I heard that you lost your memories a while ago."

"Yes, I did" She said nodding. "But it was a while ago, I've gotten over it" Alison said looking at her weirdly. "Why, exactly, does that matter?" She asked.

"What if I told you that I could give you your memories back?" She asked making Alison's eyes go wide.

"Who are you?" Embry asked looking at Cassandra as she slowly walked towards him. He tried to keep some distance between the two of them.

"I'm Cassandra" She said to him never breaking eye contact. "It's a pleasure to meet you" She said holding her hand out. Embry looked at it before slowly reaching out to shake it. As soon as their hands touched, Cassandra sped forward kissing him on the cheek. "I look forward to getting to know you" She whispered her lips brushing up against his ear before she disappeared.

"Weirdo" Embry whispered before shifting and running off.

"What do you mean that you can give me my memories back?" Alison asked looking at her.

"Your memories, I can feel a block around them. When you had you accident it was like they were locked away in a box, I have the key" She said and Alison took a step back in shock. All of her memories, the memories of her human life, her family, everything.

"How?" She asked looking back at Ruby.

"It's easy, I just have to go in and unlock them" She said and Alison smiled. "Would you like for me to unlock your memories?" She questioned and Alison grinned nodding.

"I would love that, please" She said and Ruby nodded lifting her hands. She pressed them on either side of Alison's head. Alison looked at Ruby before it hit her. A million memories coming back to her at once.