Chapter Twenty Three - New Guy

"We're going to got to Seattle for a few days, want to come with us?" Rose asked before they left.

"No, I'll be fine here" Alison said with a smile. "Have fun" She said and Rose smiled a little bit.

"Be careful, Alison. I know you trust the wolves, but I don't" She said and Alison nodded.

"I know, don't worry, I'll be alright." Alison said with a nod. Rose nodded back before leaving with Emmett. The past couple of weeks Alison has been spending more time on the wolves land than home. She's has a feeling that she's slowly winning over the other wolves. She's been taking cooking lessons from Emily wanting to be able to cook for Embry. Emily is the only one, besides Embry, that shows that she likes her.

Alison stood up once Rose and Emmett were actually gone. She then left the house and raced towards the treaty line. She knew Embry was most likely either on patrol or sleeping but she had a good chance at spending some time with Emily. However, as she crossed over something happened that she didn't expect. One of the wolves jumped out at her and tackled her to the ground before she could land. At first she thought that maybe it was some kind of joke but after realizing that the wolf was trying to kill her she knew she was wrong.

She struggled to get away as he continued to snap at her. She didn't want to hurt the wolf but she also didn't want to get hurt either. Before she was forced to do anything the wolf was tackled off of her allowing her to stand up defensively. A large grey wolf stood in front of her but it wasn't Embry. She was slightly shocked to see Paul standing up for her but was relieved he had shown up.

"What do you think you're doing moron?" Paul snapped growling at Jake.

"We're supposed to kill vampires" Jake said confused.

"She's a Cullen, we can't kill Cullen's" Paul reminded him.

"I thought Cullen's weren't supposed to be on our land. She's breaking the treaty" Jake snapped growling in Alison's direction but Paul just snapped his jaws at him.

"She's different. She's Embry's imprint, she has permission, dumbass" Paul snapped but Jake was only confused. "We can't hurt her, we don't hurt imprints"

Alison looked at the two wolves refusing to move. She knew it was a new wolf and she didn't know if the issue was sorted out or not. She assumed they were talking and waited to get some kind of signal that it was alright. Eventually Paul turned to her no longer growling and just gave a nod before disappearing with the other wolf. Alison stood there for a moment before continuing to Emily's house. When she got there Paul and the new wolf joined her in human form. Paul shoved him towards Alison.

"Sorry" He muttered and Alison gave him an awkward smile when suddenly Embry stormed out of the house completely pissed with Jared and Sam right behind him.

"What the hell man!" He shouted punching him as hard as he could. Jared quickly reached out pulling him back before he could do anything else.

"Embry" Sam scolded as Embry ripped his arm from Jared's grip.

"Don't you ever touch her again" He growled struggling to stop himself from shifting.

"I didn't know" He said looking at Embry.

"It doesn't matter" Embry snapped. "Touch her again and you'll regret it" He glared.

"Embry" Alison said softly appearing besides him. "It's alright"

"No, it's not" He said glaring at the new guy.

"He didn't know, it won't happen again" Alison defended. "Besides, he didn't hurt me." She said and Embry took in a deep breath pulling her into a hug relaxing.

"Come on" He muttered leading her inside the house.

"Well, that was something" Emily said and Alison smiled a little bit. "Are you alright?" She asked and Alison nodded.

"Yea, he didn't hurt me. Paul made sure of that" She said.

"Paul?" Embry said and she nodded.

"He got him off of me before anything could happen" She said and he just nodded. "Who is he anyways?" She asked.

"Jake" He said and Alison looked at him. She remembered hearing his name.

"Jake? The Jake that hangs around Bella?" She asked and he rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Yea, that all he can think about" He muttered sitting down as the others came in. Embry automatically glared at Jake. Alison rolled her eyes at him before walking over to Emily.

"Is there anything I can help with?" She asked not liking the awkwardness in the room.